Take a Rest

3rd POV

We are weapons, shaped like humans.
The Mental Cube. An unknown crystal substance brought to humanity, through the battle against the Sirens. The Mental Cubes are the basis on which we are created, imbued with the power to fight the Sirens. That power is the power of ships. The power to conquer the seas and defeat the Sirens. It is with this power that humanity reclaimed the seas. But, in pursuit of even more power, humanity was split in two. The Red Axis, an alliance formed by the Sakura Empire and Iron Blood, desires to take in the power of the Sirens. They raised a rebellion against the Azur Lane. Even when facing a common threat, the Sirens, conflict between human factions continues.

Yes. War never changes, regardless of era.

But,

The screen shows a glowing pink Wisdom cube, floating in the sky.

We then discovered a new Mental Cube. It is different from the rest but has the common traits of a normal one. We discovered it by a mysterious person who wields this kind power. With this new discovery, we don't know what will happen next in the future.

A new era of Mental Cubes, has now come.

//////////////////////

Time passes a little bit from the last chapter, we see Bell walking out of the clinic building as he breathes in the fresh air.

Bell: What a nice weather today. I should check what the others are doing. I'll later check my ship, I'm sure it is still being fixed.

We can see in the distance, ships are in smoke or on fire. Some of the ships are even destroyed, damage, or partially sunk in water. The base is damage as everyone tries to fix it. We then see the Commander, Wales and Illustrious talking to one another, while looking at the damages.

Lucian: They got us of guard...

Wales: We didn't expect Sakura Empire to make the first move.

Lucian: We should have expected it. The base was not fully reinforced.
Looks like the Sakura Empire saw their chance to attack.

Illustrious: Sakura Empire allying with Iron Blood was no surprise. But...

Wales: Are they aware of how dangerous the power of the Sirens is?

Lucian: I don't know, but let's first focus on rebuilding. With the base in this condition, I don't think we can handle another attack.

Illustrious: The main Royal Navy forces should arrive soon, Commander.

Lucian: Good. We need a lot of help that we can get.

Illustrious: Eagle Union's Enterprise... She truly saved us this time.

Wales: And with the help of the new member of the Royal Navy supporting us. The damages should have been much more worst without his help.

Lucian: Yes... But I'm worried for both of them.

Wales: Enterprise is strong. She has no hesitation, like an arrow flying straight in the air. But...

Illustrious: A tightly strung bow can easily snap.

Lucian: And Bell. Even do he helps and supports everyone, If a sword is not taken care of properly...