13

Jermaine

"Son you have got to forgive your wife." My mother has been over at my apartment since the crack of morning it was well off into the afternoon now and she clearly was not planning on leaving.

"Ma please I keep telling you over and over again that I need my space please just leave me alone." I groaned flopping down on the couch on my back. "No I will not leave you alone until you go back home." Smacking my teeth I ignored her turning on the tv to watch some football game. "I know you hear me Jermaine,go home before it's too late." With those words she got her bag and left out. It seemed like no one wanted to actually understand that Janet hurt me with her lies and secrets I fully trusted her and was honest with her but she failed to do so when she was the one who always talked about how we have to be transparent and honest with each other.

My door opened seeing all my kids walk in brightened up my mood. "Hey dad we came to visit we miss you." Kalia spoke up hugging me first and Asia followed after her. Eiss and Jr dapped me up then sat down. "Yes daddy we miss you please come back home." My little princess clung on to me as I sat down. "Pops we get that you mad at ma but please we miss you and want you to come back home." Jr spoke up.

"Son it ain't that easy okay."

"Why not pops? Ma been saying she sorry for everything." This was hurting my kids as much as it was hurting me I could see. "This is between me amd your mama okay, I don't want ya'll getting involved and you Eissa I been noticing your behaviour stop it." I scolded seeing him shake his head and look away. "Don't get into our issues she is still your mother and you will respect her. But I don't wanna talk about all that. Let's go out and get some lunch." Grabbing my car keys we all got into my car heading to get some food.

Walking into the restuarant we sat right at the back and ordered our food. "I really wish this would be over and life can just go back to normal dad. Mama misses you so much she cries everyday and doesn't even leave the house anymore." Trying to ignore Kalia I looked through my phone seeing another message from Janet asking if we can meet up and talk. "Dad please fix this." Jr said. "I did nothing wrong son, now like I said let's just drop this I wanna enjoy my time with you guys." We ate our lunch in silenece then went to watch a movie. Doing some shopping afterwards. 

"Can we spend the night with you dad?"

"Yeah just let your momma know that you staying the night." They were so happy Kalia took out her phone texting her immediately. "She says it's fine." We finished up doing the shopping and went back to my apartment. Asia had fallen asleep on the drive back and I took her to my bedroom lating her down on the bed. Going back into the living room Kalia was sitting alone the boys out back by the pool.

"Dad I know this has nothing to do with me but I really just want to say that this whole thing has messed with us. You being away from home for so long. Eissa has an attitude since you left he won't talk to mommy." She lookes back to see if the boys were coming in and when she saw that they were still sitting out she continued. "Me and Jr tried to talk to him but he wonmt hear it, in his eyes mama broke the family and hurt you so he wants her to hurt too." That boy was really something else. No one could tell him I was not his daddy not even from a young age when Wissam took Janet back to court to fight for custody of him. I remember how he told the judge that I was his daddy not Wissam.

"Asia tells us that mama cries every night before bed. She cries so much Asia even stopped sleeping with her cause she says it's too much. Please dad just come back home. We miss our family. We've never seen the two of you apart for this long unless mommy was on tour but now, this is hurting us." She was crying now and I hugged her.

The next morning I dropped them off at the house and went to studio to finish working off on a couple of songs. Nelly came in. "Sup JD?" He greeted taking a seat. "Ey man I'm good, how ya been?"