Return

No POV

The sun rose over Lumiose airport as the plane landed on the runway. The wheels screeched across the concrete and stopped. The doors opened and passengers started piling through the open doorway. 

Many passengers walked through in a variety of colors, purple, black, blue, white and many more. Through the crowd a red cap was visible, with hints of white on the front. Raven colored hair stuck out from the cap and scratched the pokemon on his shoulder, but it didn't seem to mind. There was a turquoise backpack with a white colored pokeball design in the left corner. 

On the backpack were two old badges each with an engraved pokeball. They represented winning a world championship. The boy was known around the world for his many efforts but even more for his winning efforts. He was even more noticeable with a pair of brown eyes and a very odd phenomenon of z-marks on each cheek. 

The boy of course was the famous Ash Ketchum, the two time winner of the pokemon world championship, and this was not his first time in Kalos.

Ash POV

I pumped my arms in the air and screamed "Hello again Kalos!" The people around me stared at me with unusual looks but I didn't care. I made history here I deserve to be here. I probably shouldn't be saying that because most of these people probably don't even know me. "Pika!" my partner screamed and jumped off my shoulder to the top of my red cap. 

We ran off the stairs and jumped off the last one. I walked across the airport road, and into the airport. "I wonder if Greninja destroyed all those roots that were left behind after I left?" he talked to his pokemon. "Pika, pika!" Pikachu exclaimed. 

My backpack was heavy, but I didn't mind, I had enough time carrying heavy backpacks. The airport was completely redesigned. It even had a little display of history in Lumiose. In the display there was a remnant of Clembot, Meyer's uncharged master stone he had after he died, and even the first pokeball ever made in Lumiose. 

I quickly walked out of the airport and into the city of Lumiose. I expected to see the tall Prism Tower, but I didn't. "Where's Prism Tower?"

Pikachu even looked concerned as I jogged towards the center of Lumiose. What could've happened to Clemont and Bonnie. As I ran down the street I saw construction machines moving around what looked to be ruins. 

I increased my speed almost knocking down a couple of people. I tunred around and screamed to them "Sorry!" I continued running forwards and stopped when I was close to the ruins of Prism Tower. Oh geez what happened here. There were still flames here, it must have been recently. 

I saw the teal colored hair of Officer Jenny and started to run again. "Officer Jenny!" I called out, she turned around, just as she did I got to her. "What happened here?" I asked, Officer Jenny took a long breath and sighed. "You've been absent for a long time Ash, so much has changed," she started as she led me over to a bench "this may take a while, take a seat."

"Ash once you left, about 7 months after a group rose up from the wilderness and villages, they started attacking the main landmarks of cities across Kalos." Officer Jenny stayed still trying to have no emotion "They called themselves the Black Bone, and one member even had a mega Lucario." I shifted myself in my seat instantly thinking of Korrina and her grandfather. 

Officer Jenny continued "They ransacked the cities even destroying a few," she looked back at the ruins "Lumiose was spared." Pikachu looked at Officer Jenny and said in a quiet voice "Pika." "All that's left of Shalour is the island and the Tower of Mastery, they couldn't get across." 

I never thought something like this could happen. I was gone for four years,  not a century. Now the region was in a war. I heard rumors, but not anything this serious. Kalos was a relatively peaceful region there was one war long ago, but it didn't last long. This one I think will take a while to resolve.