White Cloak

No POV

The bright morning sun shined over the forest. The trees glistened in the sun and the pokemon rose from their slumbers. A girl walked through the wilderness being cautious of her surroundings.

The girl had on a pink backpack, and was wearing a very light pink, almost white, short dress. She had on thigh high black socks with black shoes. On the shoes was a pink pokeball design on each side. She had beautiful ocean blue eyes and short honey blonde hair. The girl was of course Serena. 

Serena POV

Out of all places in Kalos, I had to end up in a forest, in the middle of nowhere. At least I'm not in the eyes of the Black Bone. Even if I'm in the wilderness I hope the Black Bone never finds me. 

This forest is different from the other ones I've been in however. It's like this forest has an abnormal amount of life. From flowers, trees, and even pokemon. It was so isolated from other cities. I guess the best places are out there in the secluded areas of Kalos. 

I kept walking through the life filled forests avoiding pokemon. It's been 2 years but i'm still not ready for pokemon just yet. I made a large commitment to my partners and pokemon performances. I need a break from everything, hopefully people will just forget about me in a few... maybe more than a few years. 

Maybe I can build a house here in the forest and live near pokemon when I'm ready. "Oh there's a field up ahead." I start into a quick walk to find a field of multicolored flowers and cute little pokemon scurrying around the field. Bonnie would've loved this. 

The field had a variety of nature. There were flowers everywhere. There was a beautiful small lake. It was filled and surrounded by lots of water pokemon. In the middle of the field there was a small bump, on top of the hill there was an odd looking white tree, with two black lines on one side of the tree. Lying in front of the tree was a white figure, almost like a cloak. 

I sighed, there goes the peaceful forest. I smacked my head, uh Serena don't think like that whatever it is could be hurt. I ran over to the tree letting the smells of the flowers fill my nose. I moved my hair away from my face as I ran. Once I reached the tree I noticed that the figure was talking and there was a hand on the leafless tree. I crouched down and heard the mumbling "Xer- we have to compl- our" there were long pauses in between words "duti-." The person almost sounded like it was dying or just was really exhausted. 

"Excuse me, are you okay," I pondered wondering for a name I could use "Uh, white cloak sir." The man gasped suddenly and looked at me. The man had green eyes and brown hair that was just barely visible from the hood of his cloak. The real question was why was this guy talking to this tree in some Halloween costume. He grabbed my hands. "What are you doing!"

I tried to pull my hands away, but his grip was strong. "Young girl you must promise me something." I just met this guy and he's already asking for promises. Without my response he just kept continuing his speech "This tree believe it or not is a dormant pokemon. I act as its trainer, and I act as the protector of Kalos in these troubling times. Unfortunately I am closing in on my time of departure." 

So this guy is dying and this tree is a dormant pokemon, I was just walking through the woods and this happens. "Will you promise me, as my last dying wish, that you will take this pendant and act as Xerneas's new trainer, and the Stranger of Kalos." My eyes widened as my hands reached for the pendant, but my hands strayed away. "I don't even know you, how am I supposed to trust you in the first place?" 

He sighed and said "Choosing the next protector of Kalos lies in my hands. You, I can feel it, have the energy of a future Stranger of Kalos. The region needs a protector against the incoming war, and someone who can bring peace to the world."