Chapter fourteen| 𝑼𝒏𝒕𝒊𝒍 𝑰 𝒇𝒐𝒖𝒏𝒅 𝒚𝒐𝒖

𝐑𝐄𝐍 𝐏𝐎𝐕

Just when I tried to dial Y/n's phone for the sixth time in a row, my phone died.

"I should've charged my phone before leaving my house", I groaned to myself

How stupid can I be? I was so busy chasing Haru, I didn't realize when I entered this fucking forest.
Don't get me wrong, I'm no stranger to this area. I can find my way back but it's pitch black here and I don't have any source of light with me.

Just when I was done cursing the stupid situation I brought upon myself, I let out a huge sigh. I don't want to wait, but I've sent my last location to Y/n and the smart thing to do would be patiently wait until she comes here to my rescue.
Whereas my body was too tired to stand and my legs hurt as well, so I decided to just sit on the ground near the tree trunk to get some rest.

"Haru is so stupid. This is all because of him", I murmured covering my head between my arms

"He can pull off such a casual look so gracefully, even though I said it looked homeless but I can't deny the fact he looked hot but I ain't gonna admit that to him.
The way his blue eyes sparkled while trying the Teriyaki, it's his favorite", I let out a small chuckle while being lost in my thoughts

What was up with him today, we do tease each other daily but it felt different today. The way he kept smiling at me-
I shook my head furiously and stood up dusting my pretty Yukata. A burning sensation crept on my cheeks, it must be the weather.
I tried to push aside Haru's thoughts and my eyes lingered on my surroundings, desperately waiting for Y/n's arrival

Just when I thought this situation cannot get worse, I heard some sound rustling from the bushes a few steps ahead of me.
A cold sweat glistened on my forehead but I took a step ahead, to check what was in the bushes.

"Haru? Is that you", I let out a hushed sound

More sounds from the bushes but no reply

"Haru? Damnit it's not funny, you idiot. Come out", I whisper shouted kind of scared to take another step ahead but I did it anyway

Just when I was about to reach the bushes, a bunch of squirrels jumped out of it and ran deeper inside the forest. I panicked due to the suddenness and landed flat on my butt, but I let out a sigh of relief.

"Hey miss, Are you lost?"
A raspy male voice rang behind my back.

I turned my head and saw two men, I don't know maybe in their 20s standing tall, one with a glass bottle in his hand and the other with a green cap, My vision was not very clear due to the dark so I couldn't make out their facial features; the air around me stank with the smell of alcohol while my eyes widened in pure horror

"She's so pretty", the guy with the cap whispered to his buddy, and they both smirked at each other.
It was quite visible that they both are drunk as shit, a punch and I can send them flying but my legs... They froze in their place, I tried my best to stand up but my legs gave up before even trying.

A cold shiver ran down my spine, I saw them stagger their way to me.

Stand up. Stand up. Stand up.
I chanted in my head.

"Missy, worry not. We will show you the way", the guy with the bottle smirked stumbling his feet over a pebble.

"STAND UP REN. GOD DAMNIT", I heard a familiar voice ring into my ears

Haru ran and took a flight to stand right before me, glaring and yelling things at the men or me I don't know because they were inaudible to me, I felt my eyes brimming with warm tear droplets while they ran down my cheeks.