Seventeen. Breakups

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN – Breakups

|

✎

THAT MORNING, Vienna was stood in the kitchen while she made breakfast for her daughter and younger sister "Good morning" Gabriella said walking into the kitchen.

"Morning" Vienna replied turning to face her sister, Gabriella looked at her sister with a concerned expression as the whites of the blondes eyes were red from last night's mini break down.

"Uh, are you okay?" Gabriella asked sitting at the counter.

"Yeah, it's just hayfever" She assured her sister.

Gabby nodded then paused realizing it was the middle of fall but decided not to push it "Uh, why aren't you ready for work?" She asked her.

"I'll do it after I drop you and Elena off" The blonde shrugged her shoulders pouring herself a cup of coffee.

"Morning mom!" Elena exclaimed sitting at the counter.

"Morning honey" Vienna replied putting on a smile "Did you like your new shoes?" The brunette nodded, "So, do you want Lucky Charms for breakfast?"

"How'd you guess?" Elena asked, Vienna chuckled.

"Magic. And Gabriella, do you want Cheerios?" The raven hair nodded her head glancing back to her phone.

...

The morning roll call was about to start, Tim glanced at the empty chair next to him where Reyes was supposed to be but she still wasn't there. "Do you know where Reyes is?" Bradford asked Lopez, she shook her head "Rossi!" as Summer turned her head to look at him. "Where's Reyes?"

"Uh, I don't know" The raven hair shrugged her shoulder.

"All right, all right, settle down everyone" Sergeant Grey said walking into the briefing room. "We have a new Training Officer joining us this morning..." Grey trailed off watching the blonde walking into the briefing room. "Officer Reyes, why are you late?"

"Uh, family emergency" Vienna replied sitting in her seat, Grey nodded.

"As I was saying, we have a new Training Officer joining us this morning. Detective Nyla Harper" and glanced around the briefing room not seeing the detective. "Nyla?" he looked out the window and spotted the woman talking to one of the detectives.

"What's up?" Detective Harper asked walking into the briefing room.

"You're late for roll call" The Sergeant told her.

"Oh, that's still a thing?"

"Take a seat" Grey replied, "As I was saying, Detective Harper just completed four years of undercover work. She has volunteered to bring her wealth of experience to the FTO program" The three T.O.'s watched as Harper walked to the front of the room and took a seat at the every front. "Officer Nolan, I'm sure you'll learn a lot"