chapter 9

"Mumbai Aur woh bhi tumaray sath? For one week?! No way!"

Aarohi could not believe she was stuck in this situation. A hospital exchange for three weeks was happening, and they wanted me and him to go to Mumbai. This was a horrible idea on their part. Neil rolled his eyes and said , "Sochlo, toh phir thaiji ke sath jana pareyga." He shrugged his shoulders and walked past her towards his office, which was next to hers. She pulled him back, tugging at his sleeve.

"...thik hai." She said unwillingly, not making eye contact. He smiled at her cuteness.  "Bhadi jaldi har man gayi?"
She slapped his wrist tightly, "Shut up, Chamgadar."

----

"Aarohi, are you sure, beta? Tum aur Neil ek sath kaise? Woh bhi itne dhoor? Hamesha lartey rahte ho itne kamba safar main sath kaise ghuzaro ge?" Aarohi was in her room packing her bags. They had to leave tomorrow for Mumbai. Badi mumma paced in her room, helping her pack. However, she was nagging more and helping less. Aarohi sighed deeply at all the inquiries. "Uff badi mama main aur Neil bache nahin hain. This is a business trip, and we know how to separate personal and professional relationships. Aap chinta Mat kariye." She and Neil used to fight a lot, but due to the recent circumstances, they had gotten closer. Somewhat close to friends even.
Badi mumma stopped pacing finally and sat on the end of her bed. Aarohi, who was finished packing, looked over her room to see if she missed anything. Badi mumma looked at her worringly and stated, "Thik hain appna khayal rakna acha. Aur Neil ka bhi." Aarohi paused whatever she was doing at that. Neil ka khayal rakhna? What does she mean? Main usski maid hoon? Why should I care for his grown self? She retorted quickly, "Chamgadar apna khayal khud rakayga badi mama. Main kyun rakhoon?" Badi mumma smiled at the girls' retort. Swarna and Manish quietly enjoyed the two kids' banter. It reminded them of Naira and Karthiks kit-pit.

-----
Aarohi waited at the lobby of the area. She had not checked in and was still waiting for Neil. They had a 10:00am. flight to Mumbai, and the Chamgadar had the nerve to make her wait. She checked the clock and it was 9:00. She looked once again towards the door and saw Neil rushing in with a carry-on and backpack. He was wearing a white hoodie with black sweatpants. She noticed It matched her white T-shirt, white cardigan, and black ripped jeans. Great, now we look like a couple. Wait, snap out of it Aarohi what are you thinking? She saw him approach her and snapped quickly, "Late Latif kabhi to time pay aya karo" He paused to catch his breath from rushing to her before reporting quickly "Main late nahin chipkali tum early ho." She internally rolled her eyes because he was right. "Whatever chalo checking karke lounge main lunch karte hain. I'm so hungry." He grabbed a trolley and took her suitcases and put them on the trolley before walking with her.

-----
They had eaten at a subway. it seems like cafes were a thing with them. They were sitting on the lounge chairs each on their phones. There was a comfortable silence between them as they sat next to each other, sharing an armrest between them. Just then, the flight worker announced over them,
"Flight--- Udaipir to Mumbai boarding now."
She got up quickly and grabbed her purse. "Come, let's go." He grabbed his backpack, catching up to her. "You seem excited." They walked up to their seat in the plane, putting their backpacks up before sitting down.
"Itne time baad ghar ke tense mahoul se freedom mila hain." She turned to face him as she spoke. Her smile was brighter than usual, and as she said, she truly did look free. Seeing her like this with him a part of him couldn't help but wish this trip wouldn't end.

"I agree, in pichle saloon main itna kuch hogaya ke hum dono shayad bhool hi gaye ke we are still young. We should be enjoying life, not struggling through each day." Other kids their age would be just beginning their careers or still studying in university. They would hang with friends on the weekend or meet up with their boyfriends and girlfriends for lunch. They would have fun family trips and vacations. Our families all they did was fight, fight, and fight some more. He was so sick of it and I'm sure she was too. The more time they spent together, the more he realized how alike they were.

"You're right, humare Mushkilain hum boolenge nahin but aaj ke bad we should promise to not ruin our youth over family problems. Let's enjoy life, deal?" She held her hands out to shake, and he, without hesitation, grapsed it firmly.

"Deal." He said with a grin.

The two did not realize that this trip would be the be what flames the spark of their slowly brewing romance.