- Eleven - Learning -

- Dean's POV -

My phones chimes with an irritating tone that makes me want to throw my phone at the wall. I shut it off immediately, I turn back around hugging Cas. I slide away from him reluctantly and make sure not to wake him up as I pack up our stuff. Sam opens the door as I buckle up the belt on my jeans.
"Mornin' Sammy." I whisper.
"Morning." He says walking over and hugging me. I rest my hand on his back and he tugs me outside after a bit. Bobby walks out of the main office. It's still raining so we talk quietly outside of the motel room in which Cas is still sleeping. I leave the door open as we talk.

After a long time of talking we agree on the plan that Bobby will take Sam and go to his cabin. They will get our laptops and Bobby will get a different car and we will meet in a Super 8 motel in Phoenix, Arizona. I nod and slide on my dad's leather jacket. I pack Cas and I's stuff into the impala and hug Sam again before Bobby and him take off. I lay my waterproof jacket over Cas and lift him up careful not to wake him up and lay him on the seat in the impala. He curls up in a little ball on the seat. I take a plush brown blanket out of the back seat and lay it across him. He pulls it against him tightly. I don't blame him. It's cold. I put the key in the ignition and start the car. She growls to life happily.
"Hey, baby." I whisper. I slide out and shut the door before walking across the parking lot to the main office. I open the door and the girl at the front desk looks about my age. She gives me a dumbfounded look.
"Dean?" She asks. I stare at her and almost jump up and down with joy.
"Jo!" I yelp happily. She runs around the desk and hugs me. I lean back and her feet lift off the ground slightly. I swing us around in a circle and she giggles. I set her down again smiling.
"I haven't seen you since you wanted the colt." She says.
"Yeah, when I was what. 15?" I say.
"Yep. You're how old now?" She asks.
"Same as you. 18." I say.
"That means Sam is 14. Growing up fast." She says.
"Extremely fast." I reply.
"Off to Arizona yet?" She asks.
"Absolutely. Got a new friend in the car. He's asleep so I gotta head out." I say pointing to the impala.
"Castiel Novak." She says. I nod. I'm not suprised that she knows him. A lot of people seem to. Well. Hunters do anyway.
"More like boyfriend the way he kissed you in the parking lot yesterday." Jo remarks.
"Snoop." I say.
"Alright. Well. I'll take those keys and let you head off." She says. I put the keys to the room in her hand.
"I'll see ya soon, Jo." I say.
"You know where to find me." She replies. I walk out of the office and shit the door. The roadside house. Course I know where to find her. My dad used to take me there all the time and Jo and I would have knife throwing competitions. Jo always won. She called herself "that freak with a knife collection" I get back in the impala and look at Cas. He is sleeping happily. I pull out of the driveway onto the backroads.

It's still dark out. It's only 6 though. We left the motel at 5:45. It's other 10 hour drive there. So we should arrive there around 4 in the evening. I stare out the window and drive. My mind goes blank and I just listen to the engine of the Impala. The sun rises from behind the dark grey clouds so it is still dark outside. It's around 10:30 by now. I check my phone. Yep. 10:28AM. Cas shifts and I glance over at him. He sits up and rubs his eyes. He pulls his feet to his chest and wraps the blanket around him. I extend my arm and gesture for him to come closer. He obeys and comes closer. I wrap my arm around his shoulder and he leans his head on my shoulder still curled up in the blanket and stares out the front window.

The entire ride is silent. Cas shifted awhile ago so his head was in my lap. He is asleep again. I run my fingers through his hair absent mindedly as we enter Arizona. It's only 3:30 as we pull into the parking lot of the motel. Cas sits up with messy hair. He slides on the waterproof jacket and crosses his arms following me to the office. He stands next to me and I slide my hand into his as I book a room. We get a key and go to the room. I tug Cas along behind me and he stumbles drowsily. I open the door and the room is even nicer than the last one. Good thing. We will be here for about a week. I drop Cas's hand.
"I'll be back. Gotta get our stuff." I say.
"Dean wait." He says tugging at my sleeve. I turn back to him and he hugs me. I hug him back hesitantly. He releases me and walks over to a little couch. He turns on the TV as I leave the room. I grab our stuff and lock up the Impala. I jog back to the room and drop our stuff by the door and slide off my jacket hanging it in the closet and slide off my shoes. Cas's jacket and shoes are here too. I pull the blanket out of my bag and walk over to Cas wrapping it around his shoulders. He pulls me down on the couch and wraps the blanket around my shoulders too. I look at the screen.
"What's on?" I ask.
"Night at The Museum." Cas responds happily. I shift us so Cas's legs are over mine and he is leaning on the arm rest. We watch the movie and warm up.