Partner.

Sometime Later

Chaeryeong's P.O.V

My mind continued to race, thinking about Taehyun's shaking and sad figure, I hoped his mother would be alright. However, I learned that death was a part of life, in fact, I've learned that the beautiful thing about life is that it ends.

But I stopped myself to say such things, after all whenever someone verbally said that my father died or if they referred to him in the past tense I would see rage and only that emotion. It felt like the world was against me and only me, I hated it and wished to never get better. I wanted to drown myself in my sorrows both literally and metaphorically. My feet quickly scurried out of the hospital trying to get to school and trying to avoid seeing any of Taehyun's friends, I already saw a glimpse of Yeonjun and I bet he saw me too.

However, I spoke way too soon because as soon as I walk out of the automatic doors I hear a menacing voice.

One that I recognize.

"Well if it isn't the heartbreaker herself, I must say you're way better than me" Beomgyu snarls referring to the fact that he was with a different woman every week. "You've only dated Taehyun but have him still begging for you" His sinister smile faded as I said the words through gritted teeth. "I don't have time for this Beomgyu," I say nonchalantly, as if I were filled with no emotion. I was not having it, my heart felt heavy and stoned, I felt as though I had no hope and it was all because of Taehyun's own sorrow.

He had such an effect on me.

It reminds me of the times when we'd instantly feel each other, no matter what.

"We have a lot of time, all the time in the world actually!"

"So much time that we can really talk about the fact that you're still leading Taehyun on, purposely."

His angry, mad words drown out of my reality and I'm drifting back to a time when I was truly and purely happy.

*Flash Back*

Author's P.O.V

The snow fell, froze, and covered all of the field as Taehyun turns around, his nose slightly red from the cold. His uniform barely warmed him but then again he was to blame since he wasn't wearing a winter jacket, and his gloves were thin. However, none of that bothers him, he was waiting for Chaeryeong, the love of his life and he heard footsteps as she walked in the deep snow, but what came with the adorable steps was a sad 15-year-old.

Her brown hair flew with the breeze in the air, and as it did so, her eyes poured tears and her face was red from the cold. The moment she saw Taehyun she melted in his embrace. he was the only warmth he needed, and honestly, he loved her warmth as well. Sniffles were heard followed by the sounds of heavy breathing as Chaeryeong completely fell apart in his arms. They felt safe, and Chaeryeong felt even safer, they were like two lost kids without each other, but loving high school sweethearts when finally together.

It might sound dramatic and childish but it was simply the truth. They were each other's everything.

Taehyun's parents were fighting day and night. His family was falling apart, aunts and uncles on both sides stopped calling and making plans with each other, and he was lonely. Cousins are no longer able to talk and parents are too busy to pay attention to their helpless son. His mother tried but even she couldn't keep up with him once it was time to sign divorce papers, and in the end, he lost his mother due to custody.