Love = Insanity

Hours Earlier -- 5:01 PM

Taehyun's P.O.V

The wheels of my car slide over the smooth pavement as I park in front of my childhood home.

The exterior of the house has stayed the same, with nothing changing, and my distaste for the house doing the same. Everything was way too perfect, considering how fucked up the inside was, I couldn't look at the exterior with feigned ignorance.

I don't knock delicately, I pound on the door until I hear the hurried steps of my father. If it was a maid I don't think that I would care either way. However, my assumption is proved correct when my father's irritated face opens the door.

However, my stern frown turns into a satisfied smirk when I see the discomfort and fear underlying the way his wrinkled forehead creases as if I were a straining headache. I don't wait for him to say anything, instead, I walk inside the house forcefully, my shoulder startling him by the way it brushes against his. Observing the house lazily, I practically skip into his office located downstairs. The grandfather clock's ticking noise brings a wave of nostalgia in me. Although the reason for it wasn't freeing, it did soothe me as it did back then.

I didn't let it show, instead I just sat down, my legs spreading while I sat.

"What are you doing?" My father's hurried voice catches me slightly off guard. The nervousness in his tone is something I rarely ever heard. The last time I saw a glimpse of such an emotion was when I murdered a guy. "Oh, you don't need to act so confused. You know exactly why I'm here," I uttered, my patience was running thin. I watch as my father observes and examines his office as if it weren't his own. He knew just as well as me that I knew exactly what took place here. I don't know what Chaeryeong could gain from meeting with my father instead of me, I mean didn't she love me? 

It felt like I hadn't been with her in decades.

So the familiar anger of something not going the way I wanted it to sink deep into my chest.

Instead of making me frown, it made me grin wider and wider.

"Let's discuss whatever you want in the kitchen, I was preparing dinner." I raise my brow, "You preparing dinner." I emphasize. My father gulps nodding, evidently feeling uncomfortable here. I can tell he knows what I'm here for, and the thought makes him literally sweat.

"No, I kind of like the sound of the clock. Really relaxing." I nod as if approving of the place. "Tick...tick," I say lowly, mocking the arms of the clock with my finger. I let out a chuckle when my father let out a curse under his breath. The mimicking of the clock confirmed what he wished I didn't know. "Now that we're done with the dramatics. What was she doing here?" My tone went deep and angry. Like the rumbling in the clouds before a harsh storm. Every part of my face sinking with the volume of my voice,

Quiet but authoritative.

Whisper-like but scary.

My curiosity peaks at the tangible silence between us. "Taehyun, come in the kitchen, and let's talk," Mr. Kang says, looking tired of all of this. Rolling my eyes, I comply, getting up to walk to the kitchen.

Following my father from behind, my head tilts wondering what kind of terrible truths he spewed to her. 

Did he tell her to leave me?

Is she gonna leave me?

She can't leave me.  

"Taehyun, I want you to understand that this isn't Chaeryeong's fault. She was just distressed and didn't know what to do. Don't take your anger out on her-" I laugh again except it's a light-hearted one. All this time he was worried for her. He should be worried for himself. "I know this isn't Chaeryeong's fault. It's yours. It's always your fault, you're like a disposable nuisance that keeps coming back for more fame, money, and honor."