𝐸𝓋𝑒𝓃𝓉! 𝟣/𝟥

Wednesday -- After School

Chaeryeong's P.O.V

My thoughts have been all jumbled recently.

I feel as though I never really knew how my dad passed. It's a feeling like grief. Like I've just been told the news that my dad is dead, but instead, it's making me think really hard. I never really tried to dwell on the fact that my dad was murdered, when I thought it was Taehyun, I didn't think about his motives or intentions, or even how he accidentally killed my dad.

My younger self was blinded by rage and grief that I didn't think logically. 

For many years I still didn't think logically and kept that sort of hate in my heart.

However, now I'm thinking, now I'm starting to see that some things aren't adding up.The breeze steadily passes through my messy hair as I hold on tighter to my hoodie. It's my dad's hoodie, I've had it for years and it is still oversized. His scent has faded over the years and is now replaced with my scent but I can still feel his warmth. It makes me smile while looking up at the sky. On his last day, I remember seeing him only once and that was the late morning when he and my mom were getting ready to go out to lunch.

I remember their words clearly.

*Flashback*

14 year old Chaeryeong's P.O.V

December, 18th, 2015 -- 11:26 AM

I sat on my parent's bed with my feet dangling off of it. I always felt they had a bouncier and comfier bed than mine but they always like to shush me and say that's not true. If I could, I'd take this bed for myself, I've fallen asleep on it countless times before.

"Mom, why don't you wear the shiny necklace Dad bought you last year?" I question, she has much prettier dresses but for some reason, she's wearing a simple long navy blue dress. The skirt of the dress was of a tulle material that would rise up in the air if my mom were to twirl. The long sleeves of the dress were ruffled and a bit transparent, but still matching the navy blue hue that the rest of the dress showcased."Because it wouldn't match, Chae" My mom answered, her delicate fingers picking up a simple dainty necklace. "Fair enough" I mutter, I see a glimpse of my dad getting ready in the bathroom, he's styling his hair with a nervous look on his face. I wonder why he's so nervous, it's just Mom and him out for lunch.

"Will you bring back some desserts? I've been craving some donuts" A chuckle leaves my mom's mouth while she finishes picking out some cute winter boots that make me want her fashion sense. My mom is vintagely beautiful, I used to make a habit out of boasting about her at school when I was very young. Apparently, I wasn't the only one who thought so because my dad always hyped her up along with me, we were a pair that constantly complimented her.

To this day, I'm still admiring her, just quieter than before.

A gingerly smile graced my mom's face as she looked at her final look, she let out a breath before turning away from the broad mirror standing in front of her. "Honey, are you done?" My mom called to my father as I saw him drop the hairbrush he was holding, he seemed skittish, almost frightened by the sound of my mom's voice. The man that could only be called my dad stood frozen in the bathroom as he seemed to be collecting himself, I tilt my head, my legs swinging back and forth, the back of my heel now softly hitting the bed.