XIII - City

Chapter Thirteen

London had never been on a private jet before. Nor had he ever been in anything relatively fancy before aside from five star hotels. When the thought of a private anything came to mind, the first things that entered his thoughts were famous people: actors, musicals, and people of that sort. But, he was quickly reminded that Marbell could practically bathe in money if he wanted. This man was the right hand and essentially the owner of a very successful company, so owning a private jet was just one of the luxuries of being filthy stinking rich. It came with the territory.

There were twelve seats in the aircraft, two seats together in each of the three rows. Henry was seated at the back alone, playing games on the Galaxy tablet Marbell had given him permission to use. Joyce was strapped in the row beside her eldest brother, The Aristocats playing from a screen on the back of a headrest in front of her, but she was hardly paying attention to the movie. With this also being her first time off the ground, she was more interested in the clouds and open sky around them.

Beside London sat Marbell. The man was on his cell phone having a back and forth conversation about a fashion show schedule or something. Whatever it was, he sounded very frustrated. "Never mind that, Jeffery," he belted out, "I'll handle it when I get there. For the meantime, just don't burn down my building." With that, Marbell hung up and sighed, slipping the cellphone in the side-pocket of a carry-on bag.

London ran his hand across Marbell's thigh, a calming touch to the man's stress. "Does that mean you'll be headed to your office when we land?"

"No," Marbell guaranteed, "I'm going to make sure you all are settled in before I leave anywhere. Those people can wait until I arrive on my time."

"Speaking of time," London toyed with a loose string hanging from the seam of Marbell's slacks, "Will we be able to spend any of it together while we're there? I honestly don't mean to sound clingy or anything, but I'll be pretty disappointed if you'll be away for this whole trip."

The teacher smiled at the pout being given to him by his lover, and touched gently at London's cheek. He had a bit more scruff coming in around his mouth and jaw than usual, and it fit him very well. "We'll have plenty of time to spend together. I have places I wanted to take you and the kids for a bit of fun. I know of a couple places I'm sure both Joyce and Henry will like."

"Where?" came Henry from the back. "Not the Liberty thing, right? Tourist destinations are always boring as fuck."

"No," Marbell laughed, "It's called Universe Arcade."

"Holy shit!" Henry shouted. He would have popped out of his seat if he hadn't been properly strapped in. Unbuckling his seatbelt, he switched to the chair beside Joyce and across from his brother. "Do you know how much I've heard about that place? It's supposed to be fuckin' sick. They have Mortal Kombat tournaments, Black Ops Zombie sessions, and the classics. Oh, my god, I'm so fuckin' excited. When will we go, huh?"

London shook his head at his younger brother, "Could you at least try to watch your mouth? Jesus Christ, I swear you cuss more than me."

"Trust me, London," Marbell said, "I'm used to it. But, tomorrow, for sure, after I get back from my office."

"Man," Henry grinned, leaning back in his chair, "You keep this shit up, Mister Matthews, and I think I'm going to enjoy having you around more often. Come and hangout whenever you want, suck my brother's dick all you like. I won't care."

London punched Henry's arm, leaving it sore, "Cut it out. Or you're not going anywhere outside the apartment this weekend."

Henry rubbed his bicep, "Ow, you asshole."