[ 005 ] pity not granted.

HEARING DAMAGE
TEEN NOLA - CHAPTER FIVE !

            THE NEXT FEW DAYS came and went faster than everyone had expected and yet, no rescue team had found them yet

THE NEXT FEW DAYS came and went faster than everyone had expected and yet, no rescue team had found them yet. Though none dared to speak it, fear of not being found was beginning to settle in amongst the group. As more time passed and not a single sound of a passing helicopter searching for them or calls of people scanning the forest for them, it was becoming hard to keep up hope.

   A decision had been made to bury the deceased. From the blistering heat from the sun beaning down accelerating decomposition and therefore the horrid smell, to the attraction of the wild animals, they needed to bury everyone they had lost.

   Not far from the crash site, a series of small graves were dug allowing each person to be buried. They had just finished filling in each hole with dirt before placing a broken piece of the plane on top of each grace as a marker of sorts.

"Before we took off, I heard Rachel say that she was going to see Oasis at the Meadowlands next month. She was really excited." Van informed everyone. A sense of sadness emitted from the young redhead as she spoke. "And she's never gonna hear 'Wonderwall' again."

Laura Lee glanced around briefly at everyone. "Come on. Let's join hands. We'll pray for them." She finally suggested with what she hoped was a comforting smile.

Everyone quickly grabbed onto the closest sets of hands to them. For Nola that was Javi and Taissa.

   Once everyone joined hands, Laura Lee began to speak. "Rachel, you just moved up from JV so we didn't really know you. But, in Trig, you never confused your secants and your cosecants. You seemed really smart. Anyone else?"

"I saw her carrying a flute case once." Van spoke up again, causing many sets of eyes to glance her way. Nola couldn't help but send Van a look of pity. She was clearly taking everything harder than expected.

"Oh Lord, please accept Rachel Goldman into your arms so that she may fill your kingdom with music." Laura Lee closed her eyes as she began her prayer. The more religious of the lot followed suit.

"Please accept Coach Martinez into your glory too and flight attendant Janet, Pilot Robert, Pilot Fred. Even though they walk through the valley of the shadow of death, take them to your kingdom, Father and reunite them with your love."

    "The Lord is my salvation, whom shall I fear? The Lord is my strength, whom shall I fear?" Laura Lee uttered as she finished up her prayer.