[ 021 ] kissed by judas.

HEARING DAMAGE
TEEN NOLA - CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE !

          THE NIGHT SKY HAD ARRIVED, casting down the beautiful glow of the full moon that shone over them all, cascading across the expanse of their bodies

          THE NIGHT SKY HAD ARRIVED, casting down the beautiful glow of the full moon that shone over them all, cascading across the expanse of their bodies. Every single one of them had collapsed to the forest floor and for the better part of ten minutes had been lost in their own collection of daze filled thoughts. Their chests expanded and deflated with each and every heavy breath.

            "Where is everyone?" Mari randomly questioned, her voice coming out slowly.

            Not bothering to answer her question, Taissa instead focused on a question she had been to find out the answer towards. "Nat and Coach are friends?" Her brows furrowed slightly as she asked this.

            A slow drawled out chuckle came from Akilah. "Misty won't like that."

           Mari peered down at her friend. Her face was lit up by the glow of the surrounding torch's as she then slowly said, "But she's gone." Her voice was slurred as it escaped past her lips. "And what about Jackie? Or Travis?"

            From where the young Martinez boy lay upon the dirt, just inches away from the rest, he spoke up. "They left."

            Nola nodded her head, oblivious to the dirt that broke through her hair and rubbed at her scalp. She couldn't help but laugh as she informed the rest of the two's whereabouts. "They're together right now." She stately giddily.

            For some reason that she didn't have the brainpower to comprehend in that moment, Nola found herself able to hear everything. Every little thing, from the light breeze that travelled through the trees to the erratic beating of her friends hearts. Weirdly enough, she was even able to hear the very footsteps of Jackie and Travis as they plodded against the wooden floorboards of the cabin.

           The cabin that sat nearly a half a mile away, buried deep within the trees.

           Hell, even the voice speaking French had returned but this time she wasn't afraid of it, in fact she welcomed it. She wished to know what he was saying, what he was telling her to do. Part of her believed that despite her not understanding the language in which he spoke to her in, he didn't mean them harm. Perhaps, he wanted to help them.

            Taissa gasped in shock while she turned to look down at the still giggling Nola. "Together?" She inquired, the girl completely flabbergasted by the information. Her eyes shifted into a squint of annoyance. "That's so Jackie."

           "That's very Jackie." Van stated in agreement, her lips pulled into an eerie smile.

            The dazed and doe eyed Shauna weakly perched herself up on her arms. Her voice was slightly groggy and her eyes blinked hard. "She's not doing anything wrong." She felt the need to defend her friend from the others regardless of whether she truly believed Jackie was doing something wrong.