Chapter 1 - Spirited away

Sitting in my desk on Monday, I lay my head down in boredom. My name is Maribel Hearn, your average Greek-Japanese highschool girl. Well mostly, I do have a strange ability since grade school. I can see what I call 'boundaries'. I sought knowledge of my ability ever since I obtained it, and found an old book in my family's attic. Apparently it was an ability passed down from my father's side of the family, and they wanted to use it to get to another world despite the family agreeing that such use should be forbidden.

"Yo, nasty otaku! Did you stay up all night to play games again? Was it an erotic game?"

"Ew, soo gross~ Playing erotic game for the whole night is really so disgusting~"

That mockery was directed at a classmate of mine, Hajime Nagumo. A relatively normal highschool boy with the exception of his poor relations with the bully of the class, Daisuke Hiyama, and his 3 cronies, Yoshiki Saito, Reiichi Kondo, and Shinji Nakano. I stay away from them for the most part, but It's no surprise Hiyama-san hates Nagumo-san. After all, Nagumo-san is able to talk to one of the goddesses in our school, Kaori Shirasaki.

"Good morning, Nagumo-kun! Almost late as usual, you should come earlier next time."

As she says this, even I can feel the hatred directed at Nagumo-san, yet Shirasaki-san is blissfully ignorant towards it. Nagumo-san looks like he's struggling under the malice, but like everyone else, he doesn't want to push Shirasaki-san away.

"Ah, good morning Shirasaki-san."

*sigh* As Nagumo-san replies to Shirasaki-san, I can't help but sigh at how dense he is. I may not be the most knowledgeable about love, but Shirasaki-san is practically rubbing her love for Nagumo-san in the entire class' face and he still doesn't get it. Soon the 3 people most likely to be isekai'd to defeat the demon king step up to Nagumo-san and Shirasaki-san.

"Nagumo-kun, good morning, isn't this hard on you everyday?"

"Kaori, looking after him again? Seriously, Kaori is too kind."

"That unenthusiastic guy, it's useless no matter what you say to him."

Of course only Shizuku Yaegashi actually greeted Nagumo-san because, like the class bully, Kouki Amanogawa has a crush on Shirasaki-san. Finally, Ryutaro Sakagami who is friends with Amanogawa-san will no doubt not like how his friend lost at love to someone he sees as inferior to him.

"Good morning, Yaegashi-san, Amanogawa-kun, Sakagami-kun. Haha, meh, this can be considered you reap what you sow, it can't be helped."

Of course when Nagumo-san greeted them it became worse as Yaegashi-san has a reputation no less than Shirasaki-san with many people referring to her as Onee-sama. I myself am infatuated with how perfect her figure is. That's before you get to the fact that she's an ace in kendo, and gives that feeling of someone that you can count on.

I decide to tune them out for the time being as they practically have the same, 'stop being lazy and Kaori won't have to babysit you' conversation with Shirasaki-san insisting of her innocent intentions every week like a broken record. Amanogawa-san may try and act like a carring person, but with his interactions with Nagumo-san you can tell that even he has hatred inside him. It probably wouldn't be this bad if Nagumo-san would at least stand up for himself, but he let's it happen making himself into the class punching bag.

Finally the teacher comes in, Aiko Hatakeyama. She's my favorite teacher as she takes her job seriously while still trying to have a good personal bond with all her students. I can truly say that no one in class would ever want her to come to harm, at least I hope not.

Eventually it came to lunch break with only 2/3 of the class left. I continue to eat my food alone because the only friend I have is Renko-chan, but she goes to another school. I wish we went to the same school because then we could learn more about my ability together. She is the only one outside of my family who knows of my power, but she doesn't push me away for it. I wish I could take her to a new world to give her the adventure she truly desires.

"Eh? Why do I need to get Kouki's permission?"

Hearing this I can't help but snicker because of it coming from Shirasaki-san, after Amanogawa-san tried to say Nagumo-san shouldn't be able to eat Shirasaki-san's lunch. She said it so innocently as well, with no meaning other than curiosity.

As I was snickering I felt something strange, and stopped. I looked around, and noticed the boundaries were abnormally still, as if someone or something locked them in place. I got scared, this should not be possible. Boundaries are not something that could be manipulated outside of my ancestors, but here is the boundaries coming together under someone's command. Others seem to start to notice the abnormality as well, likely through not being able to move or the soon appearing magic circle. After the boundaries loosened a bit and allowed people to move Aiko-sensei ordered the class to leave the classroom, but it was too late as the boundaries have started another process that I have a bad feeling about.

*3rd POV*

After a while the radiance of the magic circle had died down to reveal an empty classroom. Bento that were half eaten, chairs that were laying in different orientations all across the room. This event has caused an uproar all over the world, but That's a story for another time.