Chapter 6 - Trap

I had gotten up, and got dressed while Sugawara, no, Taeko-chan was trying to scream down the hall to clear up the misunderstanding. It was cute how she stumbled over her words trying to deny what she thinks happened last night. She also got dressed when she realized she was nearly exposing herself at the doorway. As we went to breakfast, Taeko-chan was sulking the whole way with a "I don't even remember it" and a "it was my first time".

Breakfast was a typical English breakfast with sausage, eggs, bacon, beans, and toast. There were even a few roasted cherry tomatoes as well. Everyone also had a choice in drink, but I chose milk as I have with all my main meals. I also was reflecting on my prank this morning. I don't remember being like this before even with Renko-chan. I didn't even explain it was a prank, but let it play it's course. It somehow made the prank more interesting to me.

After breakfast, we all went to the [Orcus Great Dungeon]. It's exterior was near a shopping plaza with street stalls selling all sorts of items, and food. At the gate of the Dungeon even sat a receptionist with a kind demeanor that kept track of who went in and out. It's likely a way to understand who dies in the Dungeon. Another thing is that the adventurers guild has an exchange station here so adventurers can quickly sell their loot such as magic stones. I'm not concerned about that though because I was focused on the boundaries at and past the gate of the Dungeon. They are abnormally strong, and resemble a barrier or domain like I saw the barrier master class is capable of or even the purifying domain of a Saint. The only differences is that the strength is much greater than those that I've witnessed before, and it doesn't seem to have much effect on people who come in from the outside.

When we entered, we witnessed what Knight commander Meld referred to as 'Ratmen' that are a weak type of magic beast with Agility as their main asset. They are quite literally rats that are the size of a 12-13 year old child and stand on their hind legs with rather large muscles for their size. Their red eyes had no form of intelligence behind them, but I could feel the boundaries that I noticed throughout the Dungeon seem to effect their minds to an extent. I can only deduce that it's why despite them not having intelligence, they still do not attack each other.

Amanogawa-san, Sakagami-san, and Yaegashi-san made up a front line effort while Eri Nakamura, and Suzu Taniguchi started chanting for their spells along with Shirasaki-san. Amanogawa-san with his [Holy Sword], Sakagami-san with his divine artifact gauntlets, and Yaegashi-san with pure sword skills all made short work of enemies left and right. Everyone became awed at their performance until 3 voices sounded.

"Swirling Dark Flames, Incinerate My Enemies, Return them to the Earth as Ashes, 【Spiral Flame】."

Three spiral shaped flames rush towards the ratmen, and burn them to a crisp. It seemed to clear out the entirety of the wave of enemies, as what was left in front of us were just ashes for as far as the eye could see with the dim light coming from the walls.

"Ahhh~ good job! Next time you guys give it a try, but don't lower your guard!"

It seems that knight commander Meld wishes for us to keep vigilance, but I can only shake my head at his ignorance. 'You are talking to a bunch of highschool children that likely think of this as some form of game. There is no way for them to truly understand what they did or accept anything aside from a victory dance and song for finishing a battle against vastly weaker monsters.' Just as I expected, the other students broke out in smiles prompting knight commander Meld to shrug his shoulders expecting such action from newbies, but I guess since he doesn't understand our world then he wouldn't know the underlying cause of their actions. "It can't be helped."

"Anyway, good job on your performance this time, don't forget to retrieve the Magic Stone. But still, wasn't that a bit overkill just now?"

I guess he gave up on trying to get them to be serious, and instead tossed out some constructive criticism. It seemed to work for Shirasaki-san, and her group because they started to blush in embarrassment.