chapter one

"ᴊᴇᴅɪ ʟɪꜰᴇ ɪꜱ ꜱᴏ ɪɴᴛᴇɴꜱᴇ"

NEVEAH STARLING WAS USED TO ONLY FEELING PAIN AND SUFFERING ANYTIME SHE CLOSED HER EYES...

"Mommy!" a little girl screamed, waking up from her dream and shaking with fear.

Her mother immediately came running into her room and sat next to her, worry visible on her face. "What is it? Another nightmare?" she asked her little girl.

"Yeah, a very bad one." she stopped for a second to find the right words to express what she had just dreamed. "All I could feel was loneliness... and regret..."

The young girl didn't exactly know how to describe this dream. She started having them for a while, but she still couldn't understand what they meant. She couldn't see anything but darkness and only felt certain emotions, as if those were the only things left in her life.

"About what? What did you regret, Neve?" her mother insistently asked her daughter, as if she was scared of a certain answer.

"Everything..."

___

The mother and daughter found themselves looking at hundreds of spaceships that were heading toward the palace. "Guess we'll have to take the long way now." Neveah spoke, amazed at the number of machines that were coming for Queen Amidala.

After they both sensed a disturbance in the neutral state of the force, the grown woman noticed the strangest thing, all communications were cut off, which could only mean one thing: invasion. And, only to prove their theory, they waited until a whole lot of spaceships appeared through the sky and landed in the outskirts of the city, not far from where their house was.

"Come on, we have to go." Daphne rushed her daughter, heading towards the central square. "We have to find the Queen before they capture her and leave this planet."

"I don't think we'll make it to the palace before they do." the redhead spoke as she followed her mother, leaving behind the house they called home. "And we definitely won't be able to leave with all these droids everywhere."

Once the two got closer to the place where all the ships were heading, they were able to watch from behind a column two aliens getting out of the vehicle and stopping in front of a droid. "Viceroy, we've captured the Queen." it spoke, making Daphne sign "Great."

"Ahh, victory!" one of the creatures said as they were approaching the building.

At the sound of his words, Neveah tried to hide her disappointment and sighed, "I guess we really are too late..."