chapter three

"ᴀʟʟ ᴛʜᴇ ᴘʀᴇᴛᴛʏ ꜱᴛᴀʀꜱ ꜱʜɪɴᴇ ꜰᴏʀ ʏᴏᴜ, ᴍʏ ʟᴏᴠᴇ"

NEVEAH WAS HEADING to Wotto's shop with the rest of the group, wanting to strike a deal with the Hutt.

"Are you sure about this?" Padme said, making Qui-Gon and Daphne, who were leading the way, turn around. "Trusting our fate to a boy we hardly know? The Queen would not approve." she continued.

"The Queen doesn't need to know." Qui-Gon responded, going with Daphne into the shop and leaving the girls outside.

"Well, I don't approve." Padme spoke as she sat down at the entrance next to Neveah.

"Ani's a good person, I'm sure he truly wants to help us..." Neve said, making the girl beside her scoff sadly.

She turned to face the redhead, giving her a concerned look "I'm not doubting his intention, but his capability..."

Once the two Jedi entered the room, the Hutt came up to them and said "The boy tells me you want to sponsor him in the race. How can you do this? Not on the Republic credits, I think, huh?"

"Our ship will be the entry fee." Qui-Gon responded, showing him their ship on a hologram.

"Ohh, not bad! Not bad, huh? A Nubian, huh?" the creature admitted.

"It's in good order, except for the parts we need." Daphne spoke as Qui-Gon shut off the image from his comlink.

"What would the boy ride? He smashed up my pod in the last race. It will take some long time to fix it." the Hutt asked, looking at the boy with an accusing look.

"It wasn't my fault, really. Sebulba flashed me with his vents. I actually saved the pod, mostly." Anakin defended himself, looking at the two adults embarrassed.

"That you did, huh." Wotto admitted. "The boy's good... no doubts there, huh?"

"We have acquired a pod in a game of chance, the fastest ever built." Qui-Gon answered the creature's question.

"I hope you didn't kill anyone I know for it, huh?" he joked, but he was the only one to laugh. The Jedi's maintained their neutral expression as the Hutt continued. "So, you supply the pod and the entry fee and I supply the boy. We split the winnings, 50-50, I think, huh?"

The two Jedi exchanged looks, agreeing that was not good enough, so Daphne said "If it's going to be 50-50, I suggest you front the cash for the entry."