You've Got Mail: A Cautionary Tale

Published Novel (CN)

Genre :
Adult Comedy Drama Historical Mature Mystery Romance Slice of Life Smut Yaoi

Tags :
Aggressive Characters Ancient China Arrogant Characters Average-looking Protagonist Court Official Different Social Status Doting Love Interests First-time Interc**rse Flashbacks F*llatio Generals Honest Protagonist Inferiority Complex Kidnappings Loneliness Love Interest Falls in Love First Low-key Protagonist Manipulative Characters M*sturbation Multiple POV Past Trauma Persistent Love Interests Poor Protagonist Possessive Characters Pragmatic Protagonist Schemes And Conspiracies S*x Friends Slow Romance Strong Love Interests Toys Younger Love Interests

Language [Edit]
Chinese

Author(s) [Edit]
Hei Dan Bai
黑蛋白

Artist(s) [Edit]
Leila

Year [Edit]
2018

Status in COO [Edit]
106 Chapters (Completed)
Licensed [Edit]
N/A

Completely Translated [Edit]
No

Original Publisher [Edit]
Long Ma
愛呦文創有限公司
English Publisher [Edit]
N/A

Description

The Peng Society for Gentlemen — a secret friend-making club for the homosexual men of the Great Xia Dynasty. Its services were designed to help its members along in their quest for their lifelong partners. Upon paying a monthly fee of fifty coins, members could get themselves listed in The Pengornisseur after providing a self-portrait, a mailing address, their age and hobbies, as well as a self-introduction. All members would receive a copy of the monthly publication, and they could communicate with one another in private using the information in The Pengornisseur.

Wu Xingzi, a bachelor about to turn forty, worked as the adviser to the magistrate in Qingcheng County.
Qingcheng County was a place with barely any resources. In other words, it was poor. In the list of counties of the Great Xia Dynasty, it had been ranked at the bottom for the past two hundred years.

Wu Xingzi felt that his life was hopeless: not only was he a homosexual, he was also a virgin. Even his retirement fund was lacking. Worse still, his looks were… forgettable.

He might as well die.

Hence, Wu Xingzi decided to commit suicide on his fortieth birthday. However, he was unwilling to remain a virgin to death! And so, gritting his teeth, he joined the Peng Society for Gentlemen and received The Pengornisseur. It was very painful; after all, fifty coins were the sum of his daily expenditure for ten days! He would only pay it once, and he was determined to succeed on his first try.

Associated Names [Edit]
YGMCT
คบสหายผ่านพิราบต้องพึงระวัง
飛鴿交友須謹慎
飞鸽交友须谨

There's so much I want to say about this novel but I was stuck w the EXPLICIT!!! EXPLICIT!!! EXPLICIT!!! as the main point, tbh, up unti now I can't believe these was a novel released around 2018...how it managed to evade the law w all it's smut is amazing.. 😆 😆 😅😅..

The plot itself is so distinct that I've never seen it w any novel I've read so far... It's so on par w BAW as the most complex plotline but these one is all about explicit contents 🤣.. Tbh, for the characters esp the MC, I'm not really sure how I feel?? I guessed it's because it's not an mc material? Like how his character was designed, it's like any cannon fodder can be but on the other hand it was a very humanely like character, it's like the stupidity, timidness the pessimistic, it's inevitable that someone is really like that, making it a main character.. It's so conflicting..

As usual this is aso a story that always hide everything from the mc in order of protection etc... Something so cliché as any novel w great misunderstanding plot, which is quite annoying..

But let's get on to the smut factor

This one is really toptier, like I still can't belive it's really passed, Baw, LMW, Big Landlord and QWTFD... This danmei also have managed to be descriptive at some point.. But it can never be compared to this one, well, sometimes it's too much, wants to skip skip skip.. But that's just because, I want to get the plot and if anything, just can re read it again.

The website that enable us to read the novel were harder to find, make sure to search it in it's Chinese name, bare w the raw Chinese site, it's better if you read it in simplified view too so broken words can be corrected.. I also really want to put it on wp but w laziness.. For now it's for the recommendation only 🤣🤣🤣