Tragedy PT.1

In the wretched day that had already come to pass, Y/n and Charles were sitting in the front lobby of the building. The area was filled with chairs on the walls of the lobby meant for the tourists to sit. No one was in these chairs. To Y/n, was such a sad fate for such an amazing place.

Charles was still holding Y/n's arm with his filthy hand. Y/n didn't try to struggle anymore. His spiders followed suit. Charles however, was reading the Batman comic he bought for Y/n. The oaf was laughing at the comic and was deeply invested. It was obvious that the comic was bought for himself and not Y/n. At the same time, perhaps he did buy it for Y/n. He was most likely planning to wait until it returned to his possession.

Y/n stayed there impatiently. A sign of this was the fact he was cracking his knuckles individually. The fact he had to stay in a room with Charles with no one with him was one of the worst things he could think of. With each crack of his knuckle, he could feel his patience running thinner and thinner.

"Hello, Y/n."

Y/n immediately turned his head to where the sound came from. The sound had come from a woman in a lab coat. "Finally. It's started." was Y/n's first thought. The second thought had come to mind right after. "She knows my name?" Y/n's thoughts started spiraling. What could this be about? How does she know his name? Did Charles plan this out?

"It's an honor to meet someone like you. I hear you were top of your class. You even finished college at the age of 13." The woman continued onward. Y/n's eyes slowly narrowed as she praised him. "So that's how she knows me." Y/n's appearance before his cancer took place was extremely regular. He would be considered a background character if anything.

Despite his appearance, he was incredibly gifted. He passed every class with straight A's, Managed to make it to college 4 years earlier than he should have, and almost managed to qualify for a job at Alchemex, His dream job. That's when his cancer came into position.

"I'm rambling on. My name is Maya. I'll guide you through the tour." The doctor finally finished. Y/n slowly got off his seat, thinking about how much of a waste this may be. The doctor proceeded to walk away from the "father" and son as they proceeded to follow her movement. To Doctor Maya, It looked like a father and son enjoying a tour through a beautiful workplace. In reality, It was a man dragging a boy and his spiders through a tour when they would die soon enough.

As Y/n marched, his spiders escaped his front pocket and crawled to his shoulders. They seemed pissed. Not at Y/n but at the hobgoblin holding Y/n's hand. As he put his attention to his spiders, he failed to notice he was already out of the lobby and was now in a hallway filled with windows, where Maya and Charles had stopped to look through one of them. "The first part of the tour will be about our study on dark matter fusion."

On the other side of the window, A large container of a black substance was contained. It looked like multiple spots. This container was connected to many tubes with many people in white hazmat suits spectating it while using computers. It seemed like they were taking notes and using calculations. "Why wear suits if it's already in containment?" Y/n asked.

"We still don't know too much about dark matter. The radiation that comes off of it is not to be played with." Maya instantly replied. "Some believe it has the potential to rip the fabric of space." The dark matter in front of Y/n, with its energy practically pulsating within its container was like magic to him. "Teleportation." Y/n could only praise what was in front of him more.

"Would you like a closer look?" Maya seemed to be reading Y/n's mind. Of course, he'd want to see it- "I don't think he wants to see it." Charles interjected. The damned rat had robbed him of his speech. No. He refused to allow this moron to undermine this tour for him. "I do want a closer look," Y/n said. "I have a couple more questions, if I may ask.

"I'd be glad to answer." Maya walked further into the hallway, not noticing what was going on with Y/n and Charles. He was squeezing Y/n's hand. He had a glare in his eyes. A glare that signaled the annoyance he held for his stepson. Y/n and his spiders detested this man. Hated him. Despised him. This hatred burned brighter than whatever the hobgoblin could produce.

"When we get out of here, I'm making sure you never leave that hospital again." Charles slowly whispered in his ear before yanking his hand and following Maya, dragging Y/n with him. "I hope this slimeball dies before I kick the bucket." Y/n immediately thought as Charles persisted and continued to pull Y/n without holding his hand, Instead grabbing his arm. It was as if he was tired of acting like Y/n was a child, Which was exactly what he was. To Charles, It felt like he was taking a baby to get his shots. It felt the same to Y/n. It was simply the fact Charles was the baby in his eyes.

As Charles marched, The spiders on his shoulder retreated into his pockets. Y/n took notice of this and wondered why they did. They weren't afraid of Charles. They didn't care when they were met with dark matter. So why now? He couldn't figure it out. As he kept moving along, something was happening in the dark matter containment room.

A man in a hazmat suit ran towards another man in a red hazmat. "Sir. We just ran a few simulations regarding the stabilization of the dark matter." The man said. "And?" The man in the red hazmat asked. "The dark matter is converting any energy it finds into more dark matter. We believe if we use it in any electrical source, It will create a black hole." The man finished.

"Run more simulations." The man in the white hazmat sighed. "We've tried everything. Nothing can stabilize it. We'll lose funding once the tour ends." The man in the red hazmat started clenching his hands. All this nonsense coming out of one of his men's mouths. He couldn't allow this study to end. He needed to think of something. Anything. But what?

————————————————
For reasons that'll probably matter in the future, Vote on a name for Y/n. (A Realistic Name.)