The Royal Family Of Funk

"So how do you feel Alexis?" Cooper asks as he and Darnell are walking with Alexis.

"I feel better. Thanks for the water. Definitely helped." Alexis says kindly.

"Hey not a problem. you're my best friend. I would never want to see you hurt." Cooper says as alexis smiles at him.

"So how did you know I was down there?" Alexis asks curiously as two taller funk trolls come over.

"Our son Darnell saw you on the monitors. He figured you were Cooper's friend by the description he gave us when he told us about you." A male funk trolls with a golden cape says.

"He told you about me?" Alexis asks nervously.

"No worries dear. We know you aren't a threat. Besides you have protected our son before and we are grateful to you for that." A female funk troll says kindly.

"Wait so you guys are Cooper's parents?" Alexis asks shocked.

"That's right dear." The female funk troll says as she smiles.

"Alexis I want you to meet my family. Also known as the the king, queen, and prince of Funk." Cooper says proudly as he walks over to his parents.

"King Quincy and Queen Essence. You already met me though." Darnell says as he looks at Alexis.

"So tell us dear how did you get in that position?" Quincy asks.

"Needless to say Poppy didn't want to listen to reason and common sense and we got chased off the cliff as a result. I got carried away from the group because of the current. Tried to find them again but I wasn't able to. Next thing I knew was I woke up here with all of you." Alexis says.

"Forgive me if I am a little forward but our son said you were an orphan that was adopted by a troll tribe like him. What trolls took you in?" Essence asks curiously as Alexis looks at her.

"The Harmony tribe. I lost family when I was young to death. The Harmony tribe has trolls of all kind. We don't just commit to any one kind of music. We all pretty well got along apart from the occasionally argument and disagreement. Which is normal and expected. I am the princess of the tribe due to their leaders taking me in. I just didn't stay because I felt something was missing and I wanted to find out what." Alexis says.

"Which would explain why Cooper said you don't really belong to any one music." Essence says.

"Yup. She's different like me. Just like me she isn't anyone thing." Cooper says.

"But wait Cooper aren't you a funk troll?" Alexis asks as she looks at Cooper.

"Yeah but I'm Pop and Funk. I may be born Funk but I was raised Pop." Cooper says proudly.

"Or Hip hop like me." Darnell says as Alexis looks at him.

"You don't have to be anyone thing although you're the one who taught me that." Cooper says.

"Me?" Alexis asks curiously as she looks at Cooper.

"Yeah. You don't care what others think of you or well to an extent anyways. I've heard you sing like an angel to all kinds of songs. I didn't really think you could be more than one thing until I met you. But I also didn't know much about other trolls outside the village either. But regardless I've always heard you sing with heart and emotion. I've always admired that about you." Cooper says as he smiles causing Alexis to smile.

"So Alexis dear did you find what you were looking for?" Quincy asks.

"Sort of. I found a home that accepted me. I found wonderful friends like cooper who I wouldn't give up for the world. I guess I was searching for those who had wolf in them like me but I didn't have any luck. I don't care though. I'm happy with my life." Alexis says.

"Aww. I'm happy you're my friend too Alexis." Cooper says as he hugs Alexis causing her to smile softly at him.

"Glad to see someone looked after my brother. Thanks for that. He did good finding a friend in you." Darnell says as she smiles at Cooper.

"Not a problem." Alexis says as she looks at Darnell.

"Now dear why don't you tell us which way Poppy and the others went. Maybe we can help you find them." Essence says.

"Thank you. That would be amazing." Alexis says.

"And while we're waiting to find them my brother and I could show you around." Cooper says excitedly.

"There's a lot to like here in vibe city. I think you may like it." Darnell says kindly.

"Well it's certainly the most colorful place I've ever come across. But sure I would like that." Alexis says as she smiles before walking off with Darnell and Cooper.