I - NOIR

THIS BROKEN FEELING'S NOT TOO BAD.

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

"You see, (Y/N), if I buy you that plushie, I may just rob you."

You snickered and held your boyfriend's jacket closer to your chest, looking up at him. "Then you should have it."

"But I want you to have it."

"But you're gonna rob me, Kai!"

Kai held up his hands defensively, tossing the penguin stuffed animal into the shopping basket before walking farther down the aisle.

"Hey, who's gonna get the stuffed animal?"

"Odi."

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

You were snapped out of your daydream by your friend who waved a hand in front of your face. You blinked rapidly as she quickly pointed behind you, towards the lunchroom door. Your eyes followed her finger. "Is that-" Beomgyu, Soobin, Yeonjun, Taehyun, and Kai walked in like they owned the place. You hadn't seen them in forever, or paid attention to them in forever, for that matter.

They had swapped out their fresh, teen boy images for a mother's worse nightmare. Fur coats, leather, and a sickening amount of eyeshadow were something you certainly didn't expect from them. What the fuck happened? And Kai... he had dyed his once chocolate brown hair to a deep, depressing noir. You almost didn't recognize him. All of them looked so intimidating, angry at the world. You stared and watched as they all sat down.

Kai's head then snapped in your direction, when you turned to avoid his gaze he had already spotted you, pointing and whispering about you to his friends.

Huening Kai, what happened to you?

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

"It's okay, I already know."  You didn't like the way he said that to you, the way he looked at his hands. "Know what?"  You replied, voice shaky. "That you're cheating on me." 

You coughed, standing up from your seat on the couch. "Cheating? You think I'm cheating on you?"  He stood up as well, you could cut the tension with a knife. "You must think I'm stupid."  You furrowed your eyebrows. "What are you talking about? Why would I cheat on you, Kai?"

"Don't lie to me, (Y/N)." He raised his voice at you for the first time, you couldn't help but flinch. "I'm not lying! What's come over you?" Your heart was pounding at this sudden outburst. "Please!"  He screamed this time, grabbing your shoulders roughly. "Kai! I- Get off of me!"  You attempted to squirm out of his grasp, you were terrified. "Just be honest, we don't have to do this."

"Get off of me!" You repeated, punching his chest and finally pushing him off of you. You were crying now, hot, salty, tears streaming down your cheeks. Kai staggered backward before he began to approach you again. "Kai, get out."

"What?"

"Get out! Get out of my house!" You couldn't see, tears blurring your vision as you pushed his chest, ushering him to the door.

"GET OUT."