VI - BLEED

BLEEDING OUT THE TRACES OF YOU.

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

His jacket hugged you warmly, it still smelled just like tangerines, his signature scent. Since that night at the car lot, you kept and wore his jacket frequently. You sat on your porch, looking down at your outfit as you waited for Kai to arrive, the day before left you thinking. Was it the alcohol or the real him? Your thoughts were paused as Kai's footsteps approached you.

"Well, if it isn't the prettiest girl in the world! Hey, princess." Kai smiled as he grabbed your hand, tenderly kissing your knuckles. You let out a girlish giggle as he helped you up, You wanted to mention the night before, but you couldn't bring yourself to do so. You looked up at him through your lashes, a hint of worry on your face. 

"Shit, what's wrong? Did I do something wrong?"  His eyes widened almost immediately as he took in your expression. "What? No, I was just thinking about something, no worries." You smiled up at him as a wave of relief washed over him. 

"...Alright then, let's go." He grabbed your hand, leading you down the street. "Um, where are we going?" You asked, barely able to catch up with his long strides. "It's a surprise!"

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

You two sat near the end of the koi pond, watching the fat fish elegantly swim around as Kai dragged his fingertips through the surface of the water mindlessly. 

"You know," You started, staring at the fish, interrupting the serene silence. "I was wondering if what you said last night was true." You glanced over at him, watching his eyebrows raise. "Why wouldn't it be true?" 
"Well, you were drunk."
"Tipsy,"

"Whatever, and you've lied to me before." You fully turned to look at him, watching his expression. He bit his bottom lip, hands clenching into fists. "Kai-'

"No, after all this time I've spent trying to get you to, I don't know, stop acting like I'm bad and you still don't trust me? You still think I'm a filthy liar, hm?" You huffed, staring him dead in his eyes as he turned to face you. "Listen, Kai," You started, voice laced with irritation, "A few days of flirting and a cheap kiss isn't just going to magically make me forget all that happened, the way you made me hurt. Shit like that takes time." 

His hands shook as he stood up to his full height, peering down at you. "I didn't hurt you, you're just sensitive and fucking ungrateful." You stood up as well, sizing him up. "This is exactly what I'm talking about, you suck me in and then explode at me like your fucked up brain is my fault. Wake up, you're not always right." 

"I'm trying to be better for you."

"Are you, or are you just pretending to be because you like to see me cry? Something told me not to get back involved with you and your stupid ass friend group, you five bring me nothing but trouble, I swear." His eye twitched chest rising and falling rapidly. "You make me so mad, you, you--"

"You what? Bitch? Is that what you want to call me? You wanna stoop that fucking low?" 

"You know what? Keep talking to me like that and I'll call you a bitch, because you're acting like one."

You stared at him, your mouth agape. You shook your head at his words as you turned and began walking away. "I'm done."

He didn't bother to chase after you, even though you've chased after him.