Chapter 5- Aryan meets Aarushi

The clock stuck 12. It was the departure time. Again there was a lot of hustle and bustle in the campus. Aarushi stepped out with her new friends amist a lot of people already there. Her phone rang.

"Hello?Hello, hello? Mom can you hear me?"

"I think this place has weak signal. Aarushi try there, you will hear clear sound." said Kavya.

"Okay thanks."

She went running towards the ground and suddenly, she bumped with someone and her phone fall down.

"Are you out of mind? Why are you running blindly?" The girl who bumped with Aarushi shouted.

"I-I am sorry actually I was on call so-."

Aarushi said picking her phone from the ground.

"SO? You won't see if any other person is in front of you?"

"No actually, I am sorry."

"What sorry?" she shouted louder.

Aarushi's phone started ringing again.

"What happened? What's the issue Jiya?"

"See Aryan, this stupid girl was running blindly and bumped on me and ruined my new dress!"

"Why are you reacting so much I apologised and my phone to-" Aarushi looked up from her phone and suddenly stopped.

Aryan too was taken aback and instantly his eyes widened. He could not believe his eyes.
"Aa-Aar...Aarushi?"

Aarushi was still staring at him in shock.
"Do you know her Aryan?" Interogated Jiya.

"Umm...ye-yes."

"Yeah?"

"I mean, she's our batchmate right. I saw her today, like I-I met you today."

"Ugh okay, hey girl, do you want to say anything?"

"No, you aren't Aryan!" Aarushi exclaimed.
"Umm, its me-"

"I know, I know, its my daydream again." Aarushi turned back, facing away from him.

"I think of him always, I dream of him everyday, I daydream of him everytime and now, now I see him everywhere!NOO! Move on Aarushi, Move on. Its over, its over ITS OVER!" and she ran away, towards the exit gate.

Aryan stood still there, surprised as well as confused at her sight and her words.

"Seems like she needs a mental hospital. What rubbish she was talking!" Said Jiya and left.

                        ***
Aryan laid on bed trying to digest the memories of what happened that day.

Aryan’s POV:
I ran towards Jiya because she was shouting at someone and I saw ‘her’. Yeah, it was her, it was Aarushi. She too looked at me totally shocked. Obviously she didn’t expect me there. But I too never thought even in my dreams that she would be there. But why did she spoke those words seeing me? Why did she turned away from me like that? Does she still loves me? But why, why would she?

(Flashback)
“Aryan, what has happened to you?
“What?”
“You seem to have changed.”
“Why?”
“You don’t talk to me much now, you ignore what I say and see, you are not even listening. Is there any issue, tell me Aryan, what’s on your mind?”
“Nothing, Aarushi. You are probably overthinking a lot.” (Fb ends)

But even if she does, or not, why I am thinking so much about this? I had moved on, then why seeing her in front of me again made my mind tremble, why I could not say anything to her? Why I am unable to not to think about her? When she ran away from me at the college, why did I feel she took a part of mine away from me? Why I am feeling so impatient? What has happened to me suddenly?

(Flashback)
“ARYAN! Please stop.”
He didn’t. She kept running towards him.
“Aryan. Just give me two minutes. Talk to me for atleast two minutes.”
“Hmm, say?”
“You know no? If everything goes like this, today will be the last day for us to see each other. What happened? What was my mistake? Tell me, Aryan, please, we’ll sort everything out. But please talk about it.” She was sobbing.
“Two minutes are over I guess.” He went away.
“Aryan!” (Fb ends)

“Why should she love me after all that? And why should I think of her after all that?”
“But why is she even here? This was not what she ever wanted!”
                                                                                         *****
“So you say you saw Aryan but you believed it was not him so you ran away?” chuckled Adya.

“Yeah exactly, but why are you laughing?”

“What else should I do? According to you, you saw him in class but then he disappeared and he re appeared again when you bumped in a girl?”

“I am saying truth, trust me, he was there.”

“Okay, for a minute let’s believe he was there. Then why did you ran away from him?”

“Because I could not believe it was him.”

Adya started laughing again.

“You don’t believe me? Okay lets check merit list.”

“Sure sure.” She chuckled.

“See! Here it is, Aryan Agrawal. He is the one!”

Adya looked at the list. Yeah it was his name.

“Don’t tell me you were finding him after listening this name.”

“No, I wasn’t!”

“Alright then, let him be. Why should you care at all? Forget about him, and don’t even try to be friends with him again, I repeat, NEVER!”

Yeah, I won’t. But…”

“But what?”

“But why is he even here? This was not what he ever wanted!”