Chapter 14: Engagement

Location: Arjin, Leifor, 2nd Civilized area
22nd August, 1632, 3:20 PM

The city of Arjin is the closest city of Leifor to Mu's border, it was originally used as a fortress against Mu kingdom 5,000 years ago, and was later turn into industrial city, with factory all around. It was not long for the citizen to know the news about the falls of Lesberg, Mu decided to step into Arjin themselves and fortified the city with artillery, and machine gun nest. The reason for them to do this is unknown, but historian speculated that, it was to secure the important industrial zone and valuable resources.

"Mu soldiers has been working hard lately, the Gra Valkas is strong but they don't have be this concerned"

"Well it is what it is, they already set up these fortification, we'll just have to go with it" His friend replied.

The chit chat go on, the truck and construction machinery is running around the city. Muish soldiers at their position, while Leiforian unit is there to support them.

One hour has passed, still no sign of Gra Valkans. Little did they know the Gra Valkans has already spotted them before hand.

"Report, this is Falrioa. We see an enemy" Amar, the spotter of Falrioa team, said into the radio.

"Good job, Falrioa. You can mark them for the bombing run" the other side of radio said.

"Affirmative"

He turn to the sniper of the team, Menol. He nodded, acknowledged the situation.

Amar pulled out a LMK (Laser designator) out, he counted the number of enemies, and marked the position.

Location: Off the coast of Paganda, Khaki-Class Aircraft Carrier
22nd August, 1632, 4:14 PM

A big aircraft carrier with Antares Type 68 naval fighter and Sirius Type 43 Dive bombers is lining majestically on the deck. the Admiral, Hariya Natashi, are carrying out orders. The pilot of Type 43 Dive bombers get in their position and board the plane, these pilot will be known for the damage they did against Mu and unexpectedly, the Soviet union, in the future.

The propeller engine roar as the plane fly out of the deck toward the designated position, some of Antares Type 68 is there to accompanied them. They fly in altitude of 9,700 meters, which considered high by standard of this world.

"Ready to see a firework everyone"

The Squadron leader said into the radio, the other pilot cheered loudly.

This battle will be known as the first military engagement between Mu and Gra Valkas, the entire world will acknowledge this battle as the one that light up the fire for the Great war. Back in Arjin, Mu and Leiforian doesn't know what was coming for them.

The four barrel 20mm Leon gun of Mu military stare high into the sky, with higher firerate than Anti Aircraft artillery, it was deemed to be one of the best Anti-Air gun in the world surpassed by Holy Milishial's Bon automatic rotating cannon.

The Ares mk.II fly out of Leifor's runway to scout the sky.

"3rd squadron, fly out!"

Dave, the Squadron leader said in the radio. All 24 aircraft flew out, outclassed the Leifor's Phoenix mk.VI accompanied them.

"These show off" Leiforian pilot mumbled.

"Watch your radar, we might contact with enemies aircraft"

The radar pinged, signals the Gra Valkans aircraft flying toward them, the pilot are on now on alerted. Dave said into the radio

"Ground-air control, this is the 3rd squadron, prepared the Anti-Air for a hostile plane"