Embracing Gratitude and Moving Forward

I awoke in my room, my head buried in my pillow, sweat pouring down my face. The first thing I did was grab my phone. I saw messages flooding my notification center, and I tossed it into my pocket. I grabbed my jacket and ran out of my room, and out of the house as fast as I could. I ran down the colorful streets and musical scenery, as I made my way to Toya, An, and Kohane. I gasped and began booking it, making my way through the shortcut, that had been graffitied all over and well presented. I was relieved at the colorful vibrant lights that welcomed me on Vivid Street. This was the place I remembered. Music playing everywhere.

I ran through the street, admiring the scenery, feeling a new sense of gratitude toward it. I made my way over to the park me Toya frequented, and there he was, sitting on a bench, burying his head into his arms. I ran over to him and hugged him. "I'm sorry..! I ran away out of my own insecurities... Because I love you too..! And I'm scared..." I said tightening my grip on my Toya. Tears falling down my eyes. He reciprocated the hug. "...You mean it..? You don't have to lie for my sake..." He said, looking me in the eyes.  I nodded. "I have never been so sure of something in my life!" I said cupping his face, pulling him in for a kiss. This was the Toya I wanted. My world's Toya. How I missed seeing his face. He reciprocated the kiss, putting his hands on the back of my head, pulling me in.

"Oh thank goodness! We were so worried." A familiar soft voice said. I broke the kiss and turned my head over to it. My eyes widen. "Kohane..?" I said tears trickling down my pale face. "Woah dude! You've got bandages all over ya! What happened?" An asked concerned. I ran over to them, dragging Toya with me. I pulled them all into a hug. "That doesn't matter, now that you're all by my side..!" I said, my grief and frustration pouring out through my tears. "Thank you all for everything!" I said pulling them closer. Everyone seemed really confused, but they appeared to appreciate my acts of affection. We spent the rest of the night hanging out and just being regular teens. Just like how it should be.

And that's the end of my story, well for now. I know that I will never be able to return to that world, however the people and places I went will always have a place in my heart. I will continue to live on, using the wisdom and courage I gathered through my adventures there to better myself and those around me. It may not have helped me improve singing, but it provided a glimpse of insight that I wouldn't have had before. I am forever grateful for the life I have been gifted, and despite the hard days, I am grateful for the support group I have around me.