ᴘʀᴏʟᴏɢᴜᴇ

-------Prologue-------

Kazuha and Y/N were close friends, throughout most of their lives

Kazuha and Y/N were close friends, throughout most of their lives. They've done almost everything together ever since they were young. Y/N would always insist they went to the same schools and she clung to him like she was a koala to a tree. She always found comfort in him. He was calm, collected, always polite, yet he was never afraid to speak his mind and be straightforward. He was someone she could rely on. Maybe she even had a small crush on him when they were young, but things changed with time as all things do and she found other people along the way.

Kazuha and Y/N were now in university. The same one, of course. It was one of the biggest and most established places in all of Teyvat and there was a part of it in all 7 nations. It was the heart of Teyvat. It wasn't anywhere too fancy, but Teyvat University was a community filled with new people to meet, form relationships with and bond.

Kazuha stood outside of  Y/N's house as he patiently waited for her to pack and collect her things.

Teyvat University had dorms to ensure all students could attend their classes and lectures on time. It was all completely free and they were absolutely beautiful.

"Y/N, how much longer are you going to take? You don't need to bring your entire house with you!" Kazuha shouted up to Y/N's room from downstairs, causing himself to chuckle to himself. His laugh was soft and soothing, it sounded like it could calm even the harshest winds. "I'm not bringing my whole house, just necessities! It's just...hard to find stuff..." She lied. She was packing way more than she needed. "I know you too well for you to lie to me N/N" he laughed again.

A little while later he saw Y/N shut her window, not before waving down at him though and then reappear, opening the door holding two large suitcases. "I can tell that's not just 'necessities'. You're not going to have anywhere to put all of this" He watched as she shut the door behind her, locking it. "I'll be fine! Now, help me with this. Pleasee" she asked him, feigning innocence. He looked at her with a blank stare and watched as she smiled nervously. He was only toying with her. He took the suitcases for her and carefully placed them into the boot of his car. "Thanks, Zuzuha!"

She hopped into the passenger seat of his car and he took the driver's seat. He looked over to her to check if she had put a seatbelt on. "We've been over this. I don't want you to get hurt" he leaned over to her and buckled the seatbelt for her. "I'm not five. I can do it myself.." a faint blush spread across her cheeks and she turned away. "Then do it the first time" he turned on the car, not noticing the pink on the face of the girl next to him.

As Kazuha drove to their new university, they talked as usual about all the things they usually did. They were both excited and slightly nervous as well, there would be a lot of new people there, but a lot of old friends too. They played songs and took turns to be in control of the radio. They were very close.

When they arrived there Y/N stared in awe. She knew it was big and had seen plenty of images, plus hearing all about it and even passing it a few times, but it was huge. There were buildings and blocks in each nation with tunnels and passageways to connect them. A lot of them went underwater, some were bridges and some were just regular hallways. It was unbelievable.

Kazuha took all their luggage out of his car and offered out a hand to her. She hooked onto his arm instead, as usual.

They walked into the building, if it could even be considered that anymore. It was a palace or even more. It was clean and modern. Marble floors were polished to perfection. The building was the most expensive thing ever created in all of Teyvat history. It was gorgeous. None of the hallways felt empty. They were bustling with all sorts of people from across Teyvat.

"Beautiful, isn't it?" Kazuha looked at her expression, and all she could do was nod her head. She was too busy admiring the university and then he flashed her a soft smile, which immediately drew her attention back to him.

Y/N liked Kazuha. As more than just a friend. There was a time, where she liked him before as well, before finding someone else but after everything she always went back to him. She couldn't help it. He had always been there for her, whenever nobody else was. He was handsome and good-looking. He got along with everyone and was well-mannered. How could she not?

Since they both were part of Inazuma's section, they had to find their dorms. "Your dorm number should be the one that's on the key they sent in the mail" Kazuha checked his key as Y/N checked hers. "Mine says 376" Y/N looked back up at Kazuha. "Mine is the same" he looked back at her and smiled. "I guess that means we're going to be roommates" his smile was the light that could lead her out of a storm.  She was incredibly excited and happy but she chose to tone it down, so she wouldn't embarrass herself. "Yeah! I guess we are" she beamed brightly.

After they both heaved their luggage to their dorms. They finally managed to settle down and unpack.

"Perhaps we should meet the people next door. It would be nice to know who we'll be living next to" Kazuha suggested and Y/N agreed with him. Kazuha was sensible and she trusted his judgement. "I mean, why not? I'm curious anyways" she replied.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Word count: 1009
A/N: I think the prologue went surprisingly well. I wonder who lives next door 🤔