Chapter Four

-------Chapter Four-------

Y/N snapped out of it the moment she heard Kazuha's name

Y/N snapped out of it the moment she heard Kazuha's name. She immediately let Scaramouche go and turned towards the direction of the front door. Scaramouche just looked away in shame with a light blush dusting his cheeks.

Scaramouche cleared his throat, "how did Kazuha even find this place? Who told him where our dorm was?" He scowled and stood up straight, and walked over to open the door as if nothing happened.

Y/N watched from the hallway, placing her hand to her lips and letting them drop once more.

"Kazuha, Heizou..." Scaramouche spoke as Heizou looked at the floor.

Y/N felt ashamed, she really liked Kazuha, there is no way she just kissed Scaramouche. It felt almost wrong.

Childe was watching, with widened eyes. He was nervous for his friends, but he did find some entertainment amist all the commotion.

"Heizou told me where your dorm was," Kazuha explained, looking Scaramouche in the eyes for a brief moment. His gaze softened when he saw Y/N standing in the hallway. Y/N thought there was something off about Kazuha, but then he flashed her a small smile that melted her heart.

Y/N walked towards him, towards the door, but Scaramouche held his arm out to stop her going anywhere.

"I knew it, you do like her," Kazuha said. That's when Childe finally decided to speak up. "Wait, what is happening? Now, I'm confused. Who's with who and who likes who because I just saw Y/N and Scaramouche kissing-" and only then did he decide to keep his mouth shut.

"Scaramouche and Y/N were what?!" Kazuha and Heizou said in sync. Their eyes were as large as saucers and Heizou had finally looked up. Childe immediately covered his mouth with both his hands. "Oops... I guess I wasn't supposed to say anything," he scratched the back of his head, looking guilty.

"Why does it matter? What's it to you two? Heizou, you like Kazuha. Kazuha, you like Heizou. I guess the only thing is you want Y/N too. And Y/N...you like Kazuha, don't you?" Scaramouche turned to face her, giving her a weak smile, which he swapped with his usual cold look.

"Y/N you like me too?" Kazuha said at the same time Heizou asked Kazuha if he liked him.

Y/N blushed a little. "Yeah..." Kazuha gave her a smile and held out a hand for her. "Let's go, our classes start tomorrow and we should be well rested. Have you eaten anything today? I'll make you (favourite breakfast item)" Kazuha tried to convince her.

Heizou felt completely ignored, he felt his heart shatter. He knew Kazuha for longer, he loved Kazuha. So why was Kazuha ignoring his existence? Why is Kazuha so set on Y/N?

Y/N reached out to Kazuha, "I have eaten actually. Scaramouche cooked (favourite breakfast item) for me earlier" she said with a smile.

"Is that right? That's nice of him. Get your stuff and we can go. Yoimiya wants us to meet Ayaka today, it'll be like a date" Kazuha explained. Y/N was sure he was glowing.

Scaramouche grabbed Y/N before she could take Kazuha's hand. He held her in a tight embrace as she blushed bright red. "Look, first. Kazuha, look what you're doing to Heizou, don't break his heart. He truly loves you, he's holding his heart out for you don't trample on it," Scaramouche glared at him.

Y/N's eyes lit up, he was kind enough to look out for his friends and she was practically melting in his arms.

"Y/N, it's a show. I heard all the rumours on that tour. Scaramouche is not who he was, he's not the sweet little boy I knew anymore. He's part of the Fatui. You've heard of them, you're smart. They're a very dangerous organisation and I don't want you to get hurt or get involved with them" Y/N saw the concern in Kazuha's eyes.

She looked back at Scaramouche, "is that true?" Scaramouche stayed silent and continued to glare at Kazuha. Childe raised his hand slowly, "the Fatui aren't that bad...ok, they're kind of bad" Kazuha now glanced in Childe's direction. "You're Fatui too," Kazuha turned back to Y/N with a soft expression after Tartaglia didn't say anything in response.

"Are you suggesting that I'd hurt her?" Scaramouche gave Kazuha a look of disgust. "I'm just saying, it's safer if she wasn't involved with you," Kazuha responded in his usual calm demeanor.

"Y/N...you have to understand, I'd never, I would never let anything happen to you" he didn't want to beg, he didn't want to come off as weak or desperate. He had only just met her, but he couldn't lose her.

Y/N moved out of Scaramouche's grasp and picked up her bag. "Y/N..." He couldn't bring himself to say please. No matter how much he wanted to. "I'm sorry, Kazuha's right. And I've loved Kazuha since forever," she told him in a sad tone. Tears started to form in Heizou's eyes, "Kazuha...?" He asked, his voice cracking. Kazuha wrapped his arm around Y/N's shoulder and she relaxed in his touch.

Scaramouche's sadness soon turned into anger, which caused Y/N to turn further to Kazuha for comfort and protection. Kazuha held her tighter and turned away with her. When Scaramouche noticed how he had affected her - his heart was the next to shatter. "Wait! I'm sorry. Don't go...please.. don't leave me," he was weak, he showed his most vulnerable side but it was too late.

Kazuha and Y/N walked away.

Scaramouche collapsed onto his knees, tears that he tried so desperately to hold back streamed down his face. Childe and Heizou rushed to Scaramouche's side.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Word count: 972
A/N: For those who wouldn't have left Scara... I got you 😎 There is ANOTHER fanfic! Which is what would've happened if you chose Scaramouchie over Kazuha 🤭

You can find it on my profile ✨

The cover was designed by the same person who designed the one for this fanfic (Kazuha x Reader)

You know I couldn't just leave Scara like that 😞

AND YES you can read both 😌

Enjoyy ✨