... Is to make a good impression

Jaya goes to her diary and she starts writing about the kiss with Paxton, getting two kisses in one night. She hears Devi scream and she hurries downstairs and sees her uncle there and Nalini entering.

"Aravind?" Nalini gasps. "We weren't expecting you 'til morning." She puts her purse down. "Devi, why are you screaming at your uncle?" She walks over and gives her brother a hug.

"Uh, 'cause he scared the crap out of me," Devi replies. "What are you doing mere, Aravind Periyappa?"

"Uh, currently, I'm looking for mustard," Aravind replies.

"He's also here to be the male chaperone for Prashant's visit," Nalini adds.  "Hey, let me help you. You come, sit."

Jaya greets her uncle before she goes back upstairs. She sits at her desk and she finishes writing in her diary.
🌸🌸🌸🌸

To meet Kamala's arranged fiancée, Jaya gets dressed on a yellow dress and a black cardigan. She looks in her mirror once she's straightened her wavy hair. Jaya texts Paxton.

Jaya: I'll text you later. ;P Indian family stuff.

Paxton texts back fast after sends the same text to Fabiola and Eleanor.

Paxton: Okay. Good luck.

Jaya drops her onto her bed and she leaves her room to go downstairs. Aravind smile sadly at her. She reminds him much of his dead sister, Saavani. When he comes, they go to the door and Nalini opens it to find Prashant, an attractive Indian man. He and Kamala introduce themselves and they met him in. He takes his shoes off and he gives Kamala a gift.

Devi takes the crystal beaver upstairs and Jaya serves the chicken curry and rice she made.

"Oh, I love chicken curry," Prashant utters.

"My mom taught me how to make it," Jaya says as they start dishing up their food. "I made the curry and the rice, Auntie Kalini made the rest."

Jaya is a pretty young girl, Prashant is certain she'll find a husband and have even lovelier children.

"I thought I came to America for the great education," Prashant claims, "but I think my favorite part might be the ice cream. There are so many flavors here." He hands the dish to Jaya, she grabs some food and passes it to Aravind. "Way more than just pistachio."

"My favorite part is that traffic is separated into two directions," Kamala claims. "It's adorable." She's smiling. She thinks Prashant is very handsome, much more handsome than she'd originally thought he would he.

"That took long enough," Nalini says as Devi comes downstairs and takes her seat at the table.

"Sorry," Devi says. "I was busy trying to find the perfect spot for the crystal beaver in Kamala's room. In fact," she turns to her older cousin, "I think she should check out where I put it."

"No, that's okay," Kamala says, not quite wanting to leave the table. "I trust you."

"You shouldn't," Devi says. "You should really see the beaver for yourself." Her tone of voice is trying to tell Kamala not to argue with her, a tone that Jaya easily picks up on, and Nalini gives her daughter a strange look. "You're never gonna believe where it ended up."

"A shelf? A table?" Aravind guesses. "Now I'm curious. Can I go see?"

"No!" Devi answers quickly, surprising everyone. "Kamala should be alone with the crystal beaver," she turns back to Kamala and figure out what the future holds for the two of them."

"O-kay, I guess I'll go look," Kamala claims as she gives her cousin a strange look. She gets up from the table and goes upstairs, she finds her non-Indian boyfriend Steve ip in her bedroom and suddenly knows why Jaya was so cryptic.