Chapter 3: My New Favorite Day

I wake up feeling great, and I realize it's Saturday. YAY! Today I get to see Jenna and spend time with her! I'm so excited!! I quickly get dressed and run downstairs, not even noticing my mom isn't up. I scarf down a granola bar and run outside, getting in my car. I know it doesn't start till 1 p.m., but I could pick her up early, and we hang out until 1. As I drive, I call her to tell her I'm coming early. I pull over slowly, turning on my turn signal. I park and turn my hazard lights on. I take out my phone and call her number. It rings for a few seconds, and suddenly it stops, and she speaks.

"Ughh, whatt..." she says in a sleepy annoyed voice.

"Hello to you too,"

"Oh, Emma, hey. Why are you calling so early?" I hear her shift her position from my end.

"It's 10:30. It's not that early. Also, I'm picking you up early, we can get breakfast and hang out before we go to the view. I'll be there in about 15 minutes."

"Why didn't you call me earlier?"

"Because I didn't want to wake you,"

"Okay, see you in a bit."

I turn off my hazard lights, turn on my turn signal, and pull out to come to Jenna's. I am so excited to spend this day with her. It's going to be so much fun.

*15 minutes later*

I see Jenna's house on the right, so I pull into her driveway. I turn my car off and head up to her. I feel nervous for some reason. I'm excited too. I slowly but confidently press the doorbell, waiting for Jenna to open the door. Jenna opens the door and smiles.

"Hey!"

She looks stunning, wearing a black crop top, jean shorts, and a green cardigan. She also has some necklaces on.

                            (the inspiration for Jenna's outfit)

"I love your outfit!" I say.

"Thanks! I like yours too,"

"Thank you, now come on, let's get going to eat," I say.

I turn around and start walking back to my car, with Jenna trailing behind me. She stands by the back, waiting for me to unlock the vehicle.

"You can sit in the front seat," I tell her.

"Oh, okay. Thanks."

We both get in, and I start driving.

"So where should we drive to?" I ask.

"Maybe The Original Pantry Cafe?"

"Sure!"

"Do you mind if I turn on the radio?" She asks.

"Not at all. Go ahead." She turns on the radio and clicks on a random channel. 'Jenny, I Wanna Ruin Our Friendship' starts playing.