Chapter 4: The Next Day

I wake up to hear birds chirping from outside. I am still in Jenna's arms and I still have my arms around her. The feeling is one of the best I have ever felt. I have never felt this way before and it scares me. But she's just a friend...right?

I lay there waiting for Jenna to wake up. Twenty minutes later, Jenna opens her eyes, I look at her in awe. She looks beautiful even when just waking up.

"Morning Jenna."

"Good morning, Em."

"How did you sleep?" she asks.

"Good, that nightmare definitely affected me a bit though."

"Yeah, it's okay though."

"Well, I'm glad you slept well besides the nightmare."

"Yeah me too."

I look up at her with a smile. She smiles back down at me.

"Want breakfast?" she asks.

"I would normally say yes, but I have to head home and do some stuff and get ready for school tomorrow."

"Aw, that's sad, but I understand."

She takes her arm off, and I take mine off hers.

"Sorry about yesterday, I mean like being scared, crying, and then not being able to sleep," I say.

"It's fine. I just want you to sleep well."

"Oh, thanks."

"Of course, Em."

We head downstairs together, and I start getting my shoes on.

"Thank you for having me over," I say tiredly.

"Of course, feel free to come over anytime."

"Bye Jenna."

"Bye, Em."

As I drive home, all I can think about is last night. Why was she so willing to let me sleep with her? And what are these feelings I get around her? It's probably something that will go away. That dream also scares me. I mean, Percy is in jail right now, thank god, but I have gotten dreams with him before. I do hope this doesn't mean something.

I wonder what I should do today, probably just relax. Maybe invite Naomi over, maybe she will know what this feeling means.

I'll call her and see if she is busy.

"Hey Siri, call Naomi."

"Calling Naomi...ringgg....ringgg...."

"Hey Em!" she says.

"Heyyy!"

"What's up?"

"I was just wondering if you can come over today?" I ask.

"Sure! What time?"

"Anytime."

"Okay, I'll be there in 20 minutes," she says.

"Okay, see you then."

I drive the rest of the way home and beat Naomi by only 5 minutes. I open the door and let her in, with a smile.

"Welcome to my home which you have been to a million times," I say, with a laugh.

"Mhm, Em I can tell something is up already. What's wrong?" she asks while walking in. I close the door behind her.

"I can't tell if I like someone or not."

"Is it Georgie? I've been feeling like you may like him."

"No... it's someone else," I say questioning how I'm even going to tell her.