chapter 4

The night seemed to drag on for far too long you were meeting people left and right.

It felt like you strained yourself too much feeling your social battery debleating ever so noticeably.

your grandfather noticed how exhausted you became, after all he did introduce you to a lot of his coworkers. and friends and that must have taken a toll on you.

"Taia you remember how you promised to stay with me through the party?" he asked as you were both standing at one of the tables, after saying your greetings to one of his friends.

"yes I do" you sighed not knowing where this was headed to.

"well worry not...I'm sure a lot of people have met you already. and I think its time you went on one of your little adventures." he smiled reassuringly as he pushed you forward.

your eyes widened with surprised the smile on your lips could not be contained as you nodded in excitement.

The weight of the night finally lifting off your shoulders. You were finally free.

"really? you wont get upset later?" you asked again making sure he wont change his mind in a second or two.

"yes dear. you did great tonight therefore you have the right to have fun as well. It's your party after all" he patted your back as he laughed at your grateful face

"oh grandpa thank you" you whispered smiling up at him and almost sprinting as you eagerly made your way outside the door.

'fresh air' you thought to yourself as you needed to recharge from having been in the ballroom for what felt like an eternity.

'ah the garden with the summer night should be a nice place to chill' you sighed in bless as your hands finally made contact with the glass door leading to the big garden behind the mansion.

As you walked around you tried to step as far away from the main estate as possible needing some peace and quite, the moon shun brightly in the sky making it easy for you to find your way.

your dress ruffling beneath you between the grass calmly.

The estate sat on a high mountain and the garden was facing the back edging towards the cliff.

Making your way to your usual bench, you noticed a figure already sitting there.

a knot made its way between your eyebrows.

'who is occupying my spot right now?' you thought to yourself in remorse.

Getting closer to the figure you noticed the dirty blond hair, and the beauty marks on his face that were lit up by the moon light.

"Ominis!!" you said it subconsciously almost in whisper. making the boy turn to your direction, when he heard your voice.

"who is it?" he asked, as he was about to stand from his position and face the person who called on him.

"Ah please don't!!. its me Taiaineta.." you got closer to him, standing right next to the bench. making it easier for you to stare at his magnificent features that seemed to draw you in.

This guy has captivated you. you hated to admit it so soon. but the way your smile adorned your lips the moment you found out it was him. was nothing but a clear indication, that you fancied him a little bit.

"Oh miss Vermin" he greeted formally nodding in the direction you stopped at, as he clearly couldn't see you.

"Please call me Taia...may I join you?" you nervously asked.

If you hadn't any clue. he probably came here to get away from the crowd as much as you did. and you didn't want to impose on him.

"Of course, please do Taia... hmm your name its very unique. what does it mean?" he scooted over on the bench for you. as you made your way to take a seat next to him.