Chapter 9

Chapter 9

______________________________________________________

Ominis POV

I woke up feeling groggy, stretching my body only to stop half way when I heard soft breathing. 

'Wait a minute!. last night....' I let my mind wander to yesterday's event. as I came to the realization, that I had fell asleep in the undercroft on the sofa waiting on the prefects to finish their patrol.

This means the person sleeping here is Taia. 

I focused my hearing trying to wake up my senses from a rare peaceful sleep. She must have fallen asleep next to me. 

I let my hands move slightly, only to feel her holding onto my palm slightly probably unconsciously. 

I could feel her sleeping against the sofa without covers. matter of fact the covers were on me somehow!

I wanted to wake her up and cover her up. but thought that this was a once in a life time chance, and refrained from doing so to enjoy whatever I could from this moment. 

As improper as that was to leave a lady sleeping on the floor, I just wanted to hear her breathing next to me. I wanted to feel her warmth engulf my side, keeping the fire inside me alive. No matter what ideologies I had for her and me at one point! I still wanted to be selfish and savor this moment.

My free hand made an attempt to feel for her head. my fingers tangling in her hair strands ever so gently. caressing the softness that cascaded tenderly on my skin.

'Her hair is soft...I wonder what she is dreaming about?' I thought as I moved my hand towards her cheek. feeling the warm skin under my touch as I dragged it slowly trying not to wake her up. 

'She has such a smooth silky skin!' the thoughts in my head spiraling gradually, but surly out of control. as the heat started moving to the pit of my stomach from the essence of her tender skin. my body started to get electrified from the touch that her skin left burning on my hand. with unchaste desires that tainted my judgment at this moment. 

Shaking my head. I removed my hand from her touch, involuntarily feeling bashful at my own thoughts. I wondered why she didn't wake me up to go the common room after she was done. 

Recalling last night's events once more and feeling heavy-hearted. 

"I'm always serious with you Ominis, whether you chose to hear that or not is up to you!" She said with a hint of sadness that stung her voice. The sentence replaying in my head over and over, at the underlined meanings that were not said but understood.