Chapter 39

"Ouch you are pulling my hair too tight Taia!" Imelda shrieked In front of you as you brushed her hair in an updo.

"There is a saying that goes by 'beauty is pain' so you must endure, otherwise your hair will fall off no sooner than the ball starts" you rolled your eyes when she yelped again, trying your best to be as gentle as possible in this situation.

"I have never heard of that saying before, uph...when will you get ready? Don't you want me to do your hair for you?" The excitement in her voice told you just how much she was loving this little bonding time you were spending together, you hummed softly continuing to put an unholy amount of pins in her chestnut hair.

Once Imelda found out you were attending the ball as well, she would not stop pestering you about getting ready together since. Something about spending quality family time with each other. You smiled warmly at this foreign feeling of having a close kin other than Ella, after all you had no more family members to call your own. But that all changed after finding out about Dante and Imelda, life has been more exciting than before. You had created such a strong bond with the pair that felt almost unreal, there were long nights of laughter and banter and getting to know one another, there were also nights where you had sleep over at Ominis's dorm room until the sun rose outside and Sebastian would complain all night long about how loud the lot of you were, accompanied by non other than Ominis of course.

The once distant cold Gaunt had grown closer to them, him and Dante were spending an awful lot of time with each other as of late, doing homework or even practicing flying much to Ominis's dismay. It made you happy to know that he finally found happiness with you and your family, and he did not need to be reminded of his once disgraceful heritage.

"Taia? Did you hear me? Your doing that thing with your eyes when you are thinking hard about something" Imelda's voice pulled you out of the trance of thought you had plagued your mind with. her hazel brown eyes meeting those of yours in the mirror that faced her, you glanced up from her hair and nodded.

"I'm sorry I got lost in thoughts there, oh Ominis said he likes my hair down so I'm just going to brush it and leave it at that" you finished up at the same time as your hands came to a stop. A satisfying grin graced your features when you took a look at the masterpiece your hands had laid upon Imelda's hair.

"What? Do I look wired?" She asked in a panic about to reach for her hair when you swatted her hand away and glared back at her making her shoulders slump in defeat.

"Don't touch it you will ruin it!" Your scolding voice came out a bit harsher than you had anticipated worried that she may mess it up before the ball had even began. 

Her eyes lingered on her reflection in the mirror for a tad too long, almost lost in the intricate details her brown locks were held up with. Her smile widened when she was done examining her hair completely, then turned slowly to you her pupils dilated with much happiness as she beamed brightly at you.

"I love it! Goodness this is the best my hair has ever looked! I can't believe you pulled this off! How did you learn how to do this!" She asked as she got up and started getting dressed in her dress, the dar

You contemplated telling her the truth, knowing full well if you were to divulge information about how you used to do Ella's hair, she would definitely ask you about your sister and her whereabouts.

You shifted uncomfortably in your stance and turned around so her expectant eyes doesn't catch you in the lie you were about to perform.

"Oh I used to play dress up with my friends growing up all the time" the words left your mouth in haste almost disgusted at the fact that you had to lie to your cousin about such trivial matters.