Sky High

2 Hours Later: Angeline's POV

   We'd been stuck in this crammed and boring car for the past 2 hours. I could feel Arthur sleeping, if I tried hard enough I bet I could hear his snores. He sleeps like a rock and snores like a pig, he gets it from our mom.

   The outside wasn't any less boring, just old wheat farms sometimes id see cars drive by. I could hear my dad talk with mom, well... less talk and angrily mumble under his breath. Arthur and I swapped places when we started driving, made it easier for dad to concentrate if only one person In the car was audibly snoring.

   We both made a bet on how long it'd take for mom to fall asleep, turns out I won. He said it'd take less than 10 minutes, I said it'd take more then an hour. She hasn't fallen asleep or dozed off once. I could feel the snarky smirk on my face from how I won the bet.

   "Hey, Angie are you hungry at all? There's a gas station up ahead if you want to get a snack" my father said, his voice calm and soothing which contradicted mg mother's harsh and bold tone "If she can get a snack we should get one for Arty, I bet he'll be hungry when he wakes up".

   It's never been a secret that she liked Arthur more. I was the surprise twin, and the odd one out in my family. I didn't have a power, unless you count switching bodies with my brother. Either way, it wasn't much of my power as we both had to actually want to switch.

   I wasn't good at super-heroing... I was better at other things like Video games, cooking, music, History. But that didn't really matter in a family of supers. My dad said he doesn't care, but my mother sure does. She'd rather my brother be out all the time.

   She once grounded me and forbid me from shifting with my brother because I forgot to do the dishes. I know I should've done the dishes, that was my fault... but being unable to shift and having to stay in the mindscape is like torture. There's no one in there, it's just you in a room of your creation alone.

   Its nice for about 2 days, then it's terrible... I couldn't talk to Arthur as mom made him wear a power-canceling bracelet for the week. Being unable to talk to anyone made me feel like I was going crazy. Dad came home in the 3rd day, got in some giant fight with mom and took the bracelet, my punishment went from being stuck inside our head to cleaning duty for the rest of the week.

   The car has a soft rumble with tiny bumps on the road, the soft hum from the air conditioner made me relax. "Answer your father!" I heard my mothers voice snap at me "sorry... what did you say dad?" I asked, snapping back to reality. He kept his eyes on the road "just wondering if it was too cold back there, nothing to important" he grumbled with a shrug.

   "No, it's nice back here... if I get too cold I'll tell you" I mumbled back, feeling my mother's cold and piercing eyes. "Next time. Answer your father instead of day dreaming. Its rude." She barked out, her voice harsh and cold. "Sorry" I mumbled, grabbing my headphones and putting them on.

   I never actually listen to music since Arthur would be able to hear it if he listened closely. I just wore them to prevent someone from talking to me. This worked more than I hoped, it worked well. Looking out the window was calming, the background shifting into a soft forest with tall trees.

   "Where are we?" I asked my dad, A smirk formed on his face "your new school, excited?" He asked, looking back at me with the mirror. I responded by rolling my eyes with a small and amused smile. "Welcome to where you'll be spending the next 7 months" my mom announced with a smile.