hard day's work - hbc

Prompt: I'm the girlfriend of Helena Bonham carter, one night, Helena comes back from a hard day at work, I comfort her.

...................................................................................

"Hey honey come get dinner!" I call to mine and hellies five year old daughter, Evelyn. "Coming mummy!!" She exclaims and climbs off of the sofa and runs into the kitchen. "Where's mumma?" Evelyn asks. "She's at work honey, she should be home before bed time okay?" I reassure and the little girl nods. "We have pasta, your favourite" I say, putting her bowl Infront of her and her fork beside the bowl.

"Yayyy!" She says and I laugh and sit beside her, eating my serving of pasta. Hellies bowl is in the microwave, ready to be heated up for when she gets back. We both eat our dinner while talking about school. "I made a friend called Mia mummy!" Ev says. "That's great honey, is she nice?" I ask and she nods. "good darling"

After dinner I give ev a bath and wash her hair, she then watches her favourite Barbie movie on netflix. I'm sitting with her when the front door opens and closes. "mummas back!!" Evelyn exclaims and climbs off of the sofa and to the front door. "Hey baby" I hear my wife say. "Hi mumma!!" Ev says and runs back in the living area. "hi darling" hellie says kissing her cheek. "Hey" I say and smile at her, but my smile disappears when I see her glossy eyes. I furrow my eyebrows at her but she shakes her head as Evelyn starts talking to her.

"Mummy made you some pasta mumma!" Ev says, sitting back down on the sofa. "thank you" hellie says and walks in the kitchen to get her plate. She heats it up and comes back in. We watch the rest of the Barbie movie with ev and then we put her to bed.

I lay in our bed whilst Helena's in the bathroom getting ready for bed. "hellie!" I call and she hums as a reply. "Come here" I say and she comes over to me. "what's wrong darl?" I ask and she sighs. I sit her down on the bed and sit in front of her, with my legs crossed.

"Hm?" I ask. "I'm just so tired" she says and tears start coming out of her eyes. "Works stressing me out! I never get to spend time with you or ev anymore, except at night and that's not enough, I feel like I'm letting her down, letting you down" she rambles on.

"Helena your not letting anyone down. You work so hard, Evelyn knows how hard you work, I'm sure she's proud of her mumma for working so hard and still coming home with a smile, I'm definitely proud of you. Hey what about after the films finished, we'll all go on holiday, just us three" I say and Helena nods.

"Id like that" she says. "I'm just really tired, I need a break" she says and I nod and listen to her carefully. "Could you talk to your director?" I ask and she shakes her head. "they postpone the film just because of me" she says. "Helena your mental health is more important then a film darl, you need to make sure your okay" I say and she doesn't say anything.

"I'm just mentally exhausted, I'm bored y/n I'm bored. I get up at 5 to go to set and I don't see you or ev, I come back at about 7 so I cant even have dinner with my family. I only see EV to put her to bed and I don't get to spend time with you anymore like we used to" she says and I rub her arm to comfort her.

"I think you should have a break after the film honey, it's not good for your mental health, you need to take a step back a bit" I say seriously and she nods, knowing I'm right. "I know I do, I will after this film, I've just been bottling this up for god knows how long and it's good to get it out" she says and cuddles into me. "I'm always here to listen to you, you know that" I reassure and she nods.

................

A/N not my favourite thing ever
If you haven't, take a bite to eat and drink

Love g x