10.

Meanwhile in Daejeon kingdom.

The King of Daejeon stood up when he saw his son entering the courtroom.

Hyunseok: Where is Y/n?

Jisoo let out a scoff at the sudden question of the King.

Jisoo: Why do you care? After all, she belongs to Gwangju-

Hyunseok: The king of Daegu killed the King of Gwangju and slewed his whole kingdom. King is dead, and Y/n has nothing to do with the Gwangju. We can call out for a war against Gwangju to have the river water back.

Jisoo: *sigh* The King took her.

Junhui: What?

-The commander came towards Jisoo with a complete shock on his face.

Junhui: The King? Do you mean Choi Seungcheol?

He clenched his jaws, his flaming eyes stared at the Prince.

Junhui: And you let him take her?

Jisoo: You think I didn't try? You think I didn't beg for her life? She sacrificed herself. Queen Nayeon agreed to the treaty for the Geum River.

Junhui: What about Y/n? We have to bring her back.

Hyunseok: I want my daughter back... I don't want Daegu to snatch my other precious thing. I need to meet the new King of Daegu.

***

(Y/n P.O.V)

I quickly tied the laces of my dress and was ready to go out towards the kitchen to bring lukewarm water for the king.

After taking a deep breath, I hesitantly opened the door revealing a beautiful & massive room of the King.

I stood there right next to the door. My heart pounded in my chest when I saw him still sleeping on the bed.

Y/n: Do I have to wait for him until he wakes up? But the water I brought for him will get cold.

-After thinking numerous times, I finally decided to wake him up.

I kept the glass of water on the table and slowly went near him. My breathing hitched for a moment when I saw his sleeping face.

His hair scattered down the pillow, his head tilted to the right side making his sharp jawlines flex. He looks so peaceful...so alluring.

"Y/n, what the heck are you doing? You were supposed to wake him up, not stare at him" I thought

Y/n: Master? Master seungcheol...

-Seungcheol slowly opened his eyes, his crescent brown eyes looking at me.

I moved back and turned towards the table to take the glass of warm water.

Y/n: Here's your water, master.

-Seungcheol obliged & took the glass as he was still in his half-sleep.

He was now wide awake when the warm water went down in his digestive system. He rubbed his temples as he was having a headache.

Seungcheol: Prepare the bathtub I need to have a bath.

-He said without glancing at me.

(Seungcheol P.O.V)

She bowed towards me and went towards the bathroom. I rubbed my forehead as the pain was increasing as the seconds passed by.

After a few moments, she came out and walked near me.

Y/n: Master, your bath is ready.

-She said with her soft voice.

Her Voice.
Her voice is so soft and euphoric.

It reminds me of something beautiful. Her voice made me drown in the sea of Schmaltz.

My head turned towards her, my eyes witnessing the most appealing thing. She looked beautiful as usual. Anything simple or royal on her body will look pleasing.

This morning had me nostalgic which made me remember the most beautiful mornings I had 3 years ago.

I closed my eyes as I felt the corner of my heart burning in anger. Some part of me just hated the existence of the lady standing next to me.

"But she's not at fault. She has nothing to do with that."

-I explained myself.

(A/n P.O.V)

You looked away from him, an unsettling feeling sat across your heart when he kept staring at you for too long.

He cleared his throat and stood up. He walked towards the bathroom and quickly shut the door.

Y/n: Why does he always stare at me? It feels like I made a mistake.

(Time skips)

You looked towards the young King who came out of the bathroom while buttoning his sark. You noticed him struggling with one of the buttons as his hands were still wet and slippery.

You walked near him as you thought helping was part of your job. Seungcheol noticed you coming closer to him. You slowly pushed his hands away and started to button his sark.

You felt the skin of your neck and cheeks heating up.

Seungcheol: Did I give you any orders?

-He questioned while raising one of his eyebrows.

You gulped loudly, regretting your decision.

Y/n: I thought...I am sorry.

-You quickly moved back from him and bowed towards him.

You let out a soft gasp when he suddenly grabbed your waist, pulling you closer to himself.

Seungcheol: Now don't leave the work undone.

You slightly nodded and quickly buttoned his sark. His hands were still on your waist making you feel a little uncomfortable.

You took his crown which was resting on the dressing table beside you and placed it on his head.

He looked elegant.

Seungcheol: Did I ask you to do that?

-You again gulped not knowing why you did that.

Y/n: And I didn't ask you to hold my waist, your majesty.

Seungcheol: *smirked* I can do anything, lovely dove.

His finger traced through your neck and ended up under your chin, slowly holding it and pulling you towards himself.

Seungcheol: I'm going on the hunt for a few days. I don't want my pretty dove to forget her place and enjoy her freedom.

You felt your stomach taking turns at the sudden mention of you with a nickname.

Y/n: Stop manipulating me, master.

Seungcheol: I already told you, the moment you agreed to the term of being my maid-you became mine. So I suggest you bend down your attitude, princess. You have to do what I demand.

-He moved his hand away and moved back.

You looked away from him with a frown on your face. You bowed towards him and exited from his room.

****************************************************