°˖✧✿✧˖° pilot °˖✧✿✧˖°

━。゜✿ฺ✿ฺ゜。━━。゜✿ฺ✿ฺ゜。━━。゜✿ฺ✿ฺ゜。━

the door to the claw opens as wind rushes after florence stone, hair blowing in the midnight air. everyone in the room turns, the claw is empty beside a few workers and three business men.

"sorry, i'm looking for nancy drew, girl detective?" a redhead perks up from the counter and florence waves at the rest as she heads over to where the girl is.

"florence stone," she holds out her hand, trying to be discreet. "nancy, how did you find me?" florence shrugs,

"asked around, you're not hard to find seeing you're the hero of horshoe bay,"

"listen, i'm not a big detective anymore, i just wanna be normal," nancy, a tall red-haired girl, doesn't look the part of normal, in fact, in her blue waitress uniform and her strikingly blue eyes, she looked like a goddess.

"normal? that's an insult to you plus once you hear about my case you might want to pull out your detective badge again," before nancy can respond, one of the waitresses, george, tells her to take someone's lunch out.

"what makes it seem so interesting?" nancy takes out the lunch and florence is on her heels. "it's a murder investigation," the two start making their way down the stairs of the claw.

"i don't exactly do murder,"

"it's my murder investigation," nancy turns over to florence as she hands the lady at the car her food.

"what do you mean?" the two head back into the claw, closing the door tightly behind them.

"before you get your knickers into a twist, i didn't murder anyone," nancy scoffs. "you're so british,"

"thanks, i try," florence pours water into a glass as a waiter walks past her, a boy with mid length hair.

"ace, this is florence," nancy pulls his arm and he does a double take.

"my car's name is florence," his words come out breathy before he walks away. "weird mate,"

"see, so british,"

"sorry," florence clicks her nails on the counter. "okay back to the murder," nancy redirects the conversation.

"who's the victim?" nancy asks.

"you're looking at her,"

"you're not dead,"

"are you sure about that?" florence leans in, and before she can speak up again, a waitress screams from the outside.

florence, nancy, and the two other waiters sprint out of the  dinner, all of them surrounding the corpse. all of them staring down at the dead woman.

"holy fu—"