v. breaking and entering and girl stuff

florence didn't want to break into anyone's house but nancy gave her the prettiest all black outfit that made her just want to commit crimes.

"i feel like a pretty criminal." florence held her phone above her head, she had done her makeup for this.

"at least you'll look good in your mugshot."

"aww, thank you." florence snapped her phone shut, stuffing it in the pocket of her black puffer jacket.

"now try not to get caught." they watched behind the trash as ryan hudson's car pulled out of the garage. the second he was gone they rolled into the garage before the door shut.

"can we leave now?" florence wipes the dirt off her knee length skirt, the slit at the side was the only thing keeping her from not being able to walk in it or jump over a wall in it.

"no, we just got here." nancy argues as the two make their way inside the house. this felt like a bad idea.

"and i hate it here." florence walked into the kitchen and nancy pulled her by her skirt to get her back. "we're not here for food."

"i hate you." they made their way up the stairs and eventually into ryan and his dead wife's bedroom.

nancy starts looking for something when florence almost knocks over a vase but she catches it just in time.

"put that down and get over here." nancy sighs and reluctantly florence does what she was told.

"did you find anything?" florence asks when nancy puts a hand over her lip to tell her friend to be quiet when they hear a voice approaching.

"the police." florence was too young to go to jail. nancy seemed to read her mind and grabbed the girl's hand, pulling her out of the room, down the stairs and out the back door.

when they're finally out the door someone grabs them, pressing the two girls against a wall when a flash light shines where they stood only moments ago.

the light dies and the two and nick are running through the bushes and climbing into his truck.

"you're such a badass, you think that guy killed his wife and you break into his house." nick looks over at where florence is rolling down the window, sitting next to nancy as she sticks her head out of the window cause she can't breathe.

"badass? she's a dumbass and im her accomplice." florence looks back.

"i know, after i heard what she said today i knew she was going to do something dangerous. that's why im here." nick retorts.

"and you're welcome, i have a record but i put myself at risk to get you." nick looks straight ahead, out of breath slightly.

"why?" nancy looks out ahead, trying to be stoic.

"cause he cares about you." florence answers for him, it was obvious, she knew what it was like to be so in love with someone that you couldn't be subtle about it. and she knew what it was like to have them not feel the same way and not he subtle about it.

the car starts and when it stops, florence is the first one out. she doesn't wait for nancy as she goes into the house.

"where have you been?" carson asks, trying not to be suspicious about it.

florence tried to steady her heartbeat as he handed her her dinner plate.

"with nancy, doing girl stuff." she says as nancy walks through the door, slightly upset.

"girl stuff?" carson asks nancy who takes her plate, gesturing for the two girls to have dinner in her room.

"we went shopping." she follows florence up the stairs.