Chapter 2- Dorian

Our meeting is interrupted as a guard runs into the room panting, a panicked look on his face. Chaol steps forward. "What is the meaning of this? You're intruding on the King's meeting!" The other members of my royal board glare at him and murmur, but I raise my hand for silence. "It's obviously urgent. What's the matter soldier?"

He bows hurriedly. "Your Majesty, I found someone in the Valg dungeons." I stand up from my golden throne. "What? Lead me to them, now."

One of my advisor's steps forward. "Dorian, this isn't really th-" Chaol glares at him. "Your Majesty you mean? And I believe our King..." He pauses and we walk out of the room "can do whatever he pleases." The man splutters and I throw a grin at my best friend.

"Your Majesty, General, this prisoner, they didn't respond when I asked their name, they just screamed and covered their ears. They must've been down here for a long time without food or water, it's a miracle they survived at all. That's why I came to get you." 

Chaol nods and I put a hand on his shoulder as we arrive at the cell, where a group of guards is crowding around the bars, trying to get a closer look at the figure huddled in the shadows. "Thank you. You are all dismissed."

They wander off, looking bored, and Chaol gives the prisoner a curious glance before asking, "Who are you?" No response. I step up to the bars and peer through as he questions a second time. "How long have you been here?" Again nothing. 

A tray of food sits untouched on the ground, and I silently thank the guard for his compassion. "Or should we be asking why you are in here?" The figure turns around, and white hair flashes in the stream of light coming from the half open door behind us. The prisoner moves into the light, revealing a young woman.

She sits with her back against the stone wall, her knees pulled to her chest, and stares up at us through silver hair that falls over her face. "He put me here." She says in a raspy voice, scratchy from disuse. "Who did?" I ask, confused, and she shakes her head and whispers. "The king." 

Chaol glances at me and I understand his silent question. I agree that the white hair matches Rowan Whitethorn's, but the Fae King of Terrasen never mentioned a relative or prisoner in the human kingdom's castle dungeons.

I turn back to the mysterious woman. "What did you do to get trapped in here? How long have you been in here?"

She covers her ears, shaking her head and whispering. "No. not again. Pl-please!" She screams and I wince again, and a concerned frown appears on my best friend's face as he whispers. "We should let her out. She's probably been in here for years, without food or water..." I grimace and answer cautiously. "We need to know why she's down in the deepest parts of the dungeon. The only other prisoner that has ever been in here was the Valg Prince. We don't know how dangerous she could be." Chaol shrugs and replies. "She's just a woman, and in very bad shape. It's cruel to keep her down here."

I sigh. "I agree. But we'll keep your best guards on her at all times. The last woman we underestimated is now the Queen of Terrasen." Chaol chuckles and nods but I'm more focused on the captive, who's head snapped up as I spoke. She tilts her head slightly and gives a malicious grin, revealing sharp canines, and piercing blue eyes that seem to stare into my soul.

Chaol shivers and he whispers. "Maybe we should take her to Terrasen, a Fae prisoner is their problem. I can organise a party to leave straight away if you wish." I nod and tear my gaze away from the female. "I'm coming as well. I'm getting bored with all these meetings, and my magic may be useful..." I trail off and Chaol nods, leading the way out of the dungeons.

I reach the door and glance back at her one more time, but her keen eyes are still watching everything we do.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry this one's late, just got back from camp and posted as soon as I could. It's a bit longer since it's from Dorian's point of view. Hope you enjoy! Please comment any feedback you have for me!