Chapter 1

The sun too bright.
The streets too loud.
Everything in her hurt.
Physical and emotional.
She didn't know where to go.
She didn't have anything to go.
But she walked because she had to.
Because she needed too.

"Why?" she asked to no one in particular but to anyone who would listen, stumbling over her feet while she struggled to stay awake, Her bloodied arms limp on her side, it was getting harder for her to navigate through the city, but she had to.

She needed to find shelter, she was done for anyway, but a shelter would be nice if she was to go now, it would be better than the middle of the street.

Stumbling towards an alleyway, her lack of food and water catching up to her now, her lips dry, no amount of licking them would help with the pain they caused, she found it amusing, the bloodied hands of hers hurt less than her lips.

Spotting a piece of thrown-out cardboard against the wall, a broken blue shelter hanging over it, she smiled, this was something.

Collapsing on the hard cardboard she heaved a sigh, walking around barefoot was the worst, her feet were probably bleeding too but she didn't care, she couldn't, she was numb.

She could hear the faint noise of a speaker from inside a shop, some kind of upbeat music playing through it, She was grateful for a change of atmosphere, she wouldn't mind dying to this beat, though upbeat it helped her relax, which in normal terms was really weird, but who cares she was dying anyways.

"Hey! Are you okay?" She heard someone calling from a distance, she couldn't care less, they'd get tired of calling out to her and be on their way, She was too weak to even shoo them off, her eyes dropping heavy.

"Hey, kid!" The voice got closer so did the darkness, all her focus was on the music, If she was to die this would be the tune she'd die to.

"Oh my god, honey!" The man yelled out to his wife nearby, She didn't care who saw her in this state, she was dead anyway.

 "Oh my god, this is-somebody call 911!"

The commotion got louder, the crowd increased so did the darkness, She smiled as she gave in to the darkness, the only escape she had.

_____________________________

The noises around her were strange, it was quiet but she could hear people talking, she didn't recognize any of the voices, it took her some time but she managed to open her eyes, regretting it as the lights blinded her sensitive eyes.

This wasn't what she saw when she gave in, titled ceiling and bright lights weren't her view, it was the evening sky and that song lulling her to darkness, not bright lights and beeping machines.

"What the hell?" Registering the wires hooked to hers she started sitting up, why were so many wires attached to her? Why was her body so numb?

"Hey hey hey," someone said from her side, She was too busy trying to sit up to notice, why was she here. How was she here?

"Take it easy, you're on a lot of medication," the person said.

"What?" she frowned looking at the person, It was a doctor, dressed in a white coat a stethoscope around his neck, he had a soothing accent she noticed, definitely not from the States.

"You're lucky your family found you just in time," the doctor smiled at her, she couldn't shake off the frown, "family?"

The doctor nodded, "Your aunt and uncle found you, they'll be here."

She looked at her hands, her bruises were now apparent, and the dirt and mud no longer hid her cuts and bruises, She looked over her body the best she could, dressed in a hospital gown, bandages wrapped where necessary, She also felt clean which was good.