Chapter 2

"Maya! Get up you'll be late!"

Maya groaned from the couch she lay on, it was too early for her, she'd slept late last night and she regretted that decision right about now.

Sitting up she threw the blanket off of her, her eyes barely opened as she made her way to the kitchen.

"Damn," her samchon voiced, "there's a bird's nest on your head."

Eun-ji hit her husband with a spatula, "Stop it."

Maya headed towards the fridge not minding the bickering couple, she gulped down half a bottle of water before turning to her guardians for rudely waking her up.

"Why am I up so early?" She glanced at the clock, it was only 9 am!

"Because you have an internship?" Eun-ji replied unsure of why Maya was asking that.

"Imo!" Maya whined, "it's Saturday!" She pointed to the calendar, "I don't have an internship on Saturday!" She whined leaning against the counter.

"Ohh," Eun-ji scratched the back of her neck, "I'm sorry."

Maya waved her off, she took a seat on the chair leaning her head against her folded arms on the table, "Wake me up in an hour."

The couple knew better than to move the girl, they'd massage her back pain later for now the girl needed her sleep.

___________________

"Imo!"

Eun-ji jerked in her seat, why was Maya screaming?

"What?" She called out.

Maya stuck her head inside Eun-ji's room, she had a sheepish smile on her face, "Samchon has my laptop charger, and I kinda need it to complete a project of mine."

Eun-ji stared at her niece, she was a piece of work.

"And my car is in servicing so..." Maya for her best to conjure a puppy face.

Eun-ji sighed a small smile dancing on her lips, "Fine I'll drive you."

"Yes!" Maya celebrated, "I love you, Imo!"

_____________________

"Samchon!" Maya yelled as she skipped happily into his office.

Baek-Hyun worked for a production company on a very high level, Maya was amazed the first time she'd seen his office, with big glass windows giving the perfect view of the city below. It was a dream.

"Aah this is why it was so quiet today," Baek-Hyun joked as he watched Maya and Eun-ji walk inside his office.

Maya gasped mockingly, "You wound me."

Baek-Hyun laughed, he reached into his drawer pulling out the charger he had, he handed it over.

Maya gladly took the charger making herself comfortable on the chair in front of him, Eun-ji greeted her husband with a kiss before taking a seat beside Maya.

Baek-Hyun stared at the duo, they didn't look like they planned to leave any soon, and being a high-level officer he could have family in his office during office hours.

"We're not leaving," Maya informed with a smug smile, she pulled out her laptop getting to work so did Eun-ji.

Eun-ji worked in the same company, and she was offered an office too but she loved the work-from-home concept so she works from home mostly only ever coming in when there was a meeting.