Encounter

It was the third year of Hogwarts, and  everyone was abuzz about a new student joining Hogwarts. She was two years later than everyone else, and was already 14.

Harry, Ron and Hermione were in the Common Room:

"Well, if she makes it into Gryffindor- we'll have to be sure to ask why she is just now joining," Hermione finishes saying.

"Mhm." Harry says- not really listening.

"Well, I heard she's American," Ron says.

Hermione began freaking out. There were only three Americans in all of Hogwarts, and she would be possibly the only one in Gryffindor. Harry suddenly got up, noticing Hagrid's bike coming in with someone in the side car.

Rushing to the front of Hogwarts, he waited anxiously for Hagrid to come in. He was just as excited to meet the new student as anyone else, especially because whenever teachers saw him- they'd suddenly ask about her. Like he was supposed to know who she was.

Hagrid walked in, a timid girl behind him. She looked at Harry with eyes so green, Harry immediately resembled them to the color of the forest. She had dark hair, that was a bit unkempt and thrown into a messy bun.

But that wasn't the most surprising part. The strange part was when he looked at her face, he was looking in a mirror. He smiled at her, and she offered her hand. "I am Victoria Love. And you?" He shook it, offering his name and what house he was in.

Hagrid clears his throat, nods at Harry, and escorts Victoria to Dumbledore's office.

At Dinner That Night

"May I have everyone's attention?" Dumbledore asks the Great Hall. Everyone goes quiet as a timid Victoria walks in to the Great Hall.
"Today," continues Dumbledore, "a new student named Victoria Love has transferred into Hogwarts. She has already been sorted and will be joining the Gryffindor house. She is from America, and I hope you treat her with the same kindness you received when you first came here. Please welcome her." He points to her, as she looks at Harry.

The whole hall erupts in applauding, welcoming her. Even the Slytherin house look happy to have her. And if she had been looking their way, she would've seen an especially captivated Draco Malfoy, blushing as his best friend- Blaise- calls him out for staring.

After dinner, she only just makes it to bed before Hermione tries to start bombarding her. After she acted like she was asleep, Hermione gave up and went to bed as well.