Episode 2: Epsilon's Echo

"Addyson Evans"

"Corporal"

"25th Spec ops Regiment"

"March 5, 2042"

"Gruesstead Spec ops HQ"

"6:30 PM"

In the bustling routine of Gruesstead, the sun casts its ordinary light on the city, where soldiers march with disciplined precision, engineers diligently tending to the machinery, and intelligence officers weaving through the intricate web of information. It's a typical day in a not-so-typical world.

Yet, amid the mundane hum of activity, a clandestine arms deal emerges as a glaring anomaly in the sea of routine reports. The intelligence officers, with hawk-like focus, hone in on this particular operation, a clandestine transaction that threatens the delicate balance in the conglomerate territory.

The gravity of the situation prompts an urgent report to Lieutenant General Melanie Holland. In the heart of the intelligence hub, a room pulsating with hushed conversations and the glow of numerous screens, an officer steps forward to deliver the news. The air becomes charged with tension as the officer unravels the details, each word landing like a weighty revelation in the room.

*KNOCK* *KNOCK* KNOCK*

Melanie: Enter! The officer opens the door.

Intelligence Officer: Lieutenant General, ma'am. The wolf anthro male salutes.

Melanie: At ease, Lieutenant.

Intelligence Officer: We've intercepted an encoded radio transmission.

Melanie: And let me guess, another arms deal orchestrated by warmongers?

Intelligence Officer: Yes, ma'am, but it's the location that sets it apart. He explains.

Melanie: Is that so? Where is it, then? She asks the officer.

Intelligence Officer: In UN territory, ma'am. Seattle, USA.

Melanie gives a surprised look.

Melanie: In the US, huh? I suppose the UN isn't paying attention, busy parleying with our government.

Melanie: Tell me, what distinguishes this arms deal from the others? She asks the officer.

Intelligence Officer: Well, ma'am, the unique factor is that the arms dealer is human. He Explains to Melanie

Melanie: And? She raises an eyebrow at the officer.

Intelligence Officer: While we were monitoring the radio transmission, he claimed to possess top-notch gear belonging to the Wardens.

Melanie: Wardens? She says in a surprised tone.

Intelligence Officer: Yes, ma'am. It's possible he has items belonging to them, Lieutenant General.

Melanie: Hmmm. Warden gear is notoriously hard to acquire. They know how to secure their convoys well. Yet, this guy on the radio is boasting he has some?