Chapter 1

Merkle was in the back of the car with Jack Jack and the window open, as she waited for Dash and Helen to come out of the school.

Merkle: ( to Jack Jack, in dog: ) I'm telling you, Jack Jack. Dash got in trouble, but due to his super speed there's going to be no proof of this.

Jack Jack babled and coed in response. Merkle rolled her eyes, before she stocked her tongue out happily and her tail started wagging when she saw Dash and Helen.

Merkle: ( in dog: ) Mom and Dash are back! Mom and Dash are back!

Dash: ( to Merkle: ) Hey, girl!

Helen and Dash got in the car, and began driving to Violet's school. There was an awkward silence, and Merkle looked in between Helen and Dash.

Merkle: ( thoughts: ) I was right...

Helen: Dash...this is the third time this year you've been sent to the office. We need to find a better outlet, a more... constructive outlet.

Dash: Maybe I could, if you'd let me go out for sports.

Merkle: ( shakes her head and lays down ) ( thoughts: ) Here we go again...

Helen: Honey, you know why we can't do that.

Dash: I promise I'll slow up. I'll only be the best by a tiny bit.

Merkle: ( thoughts: ) Cue Mom saying his full name and saying no.

Helen: Dashiell Robert Parr, you are an incredibly competitive boy, and a bit of a showoff. The last thing you need is temptation.

Dash: You always say, " Do your best ", but you don't really mean it. Why can't I do the best that I can do?

Helen: Right now, honey, the world just wants us to fit in, and to fit in, we just gotta be like everybody else.

Merkle: ( thoughts: ) Story of my life. I mean, you guys don't even know that I have powers.

Dash: Dad always said our powers were nothing to be ashamed of. Our powers made us special.

Helen: Everyone's special, Dash.

Dash: Which is another way of saying no one is.

Merkle: ( thoughts: ) He has a point.

When they got to Violet's school, Merkle quickly saw that a boy was looking at Violet, before walking away confused. Merkle didn't know that Violet was invisible when the boy looked at Violet.

Merkle: ( thoughts: ) That boy better not think he's in Violet's league. If Dad or Mom aren't going to be protective, I am going to be.

Once the car pulled over and Dash yelled " Come on, Violet! " Merkle starts howling, and stopped once Violet got in the car. Merkle looked at Violet with her tongue happily sticking out.

Violet: ( to Merkle: ) Do you really need to howl every time, girl? ( Pets Merkle's head )

Merkle: ( thoughts, while wagging her tail: ) Yes, Violet. Because I know that it would get you in the car faster.

When they got home, Merkle followed the family inside, and she followed Violet to her room.

Violet and Merkle sat down on the bed, Violet began giving Merkle head scratches while talking to her.

Violet: ( to Merkle: ) Tony looked at me today, girl.

Merkle: ( thoughts: ) He shouldn't be, because you're way out of his league. Plus he has to get pass me first.

Violet: I wish I had the courage to talk to him, but... I don't even know what to say to him.

Merkle: ( in dog, even though Violet couldn't understand her: ) Just be yourself. Look pass the... Whatever makes you like him, and be the strong independent girl I know you are, that honestly doesn't need no man.

All Violet was hearing from Merkle was small barks and whines.

Violet: Sometimes, Merkle, I wish I understood what you are saying. And sometimes, I wish I could be normal like you and Jack Jack.

Merkle: ( in dog: ) Vi, if you could understand me, you would realize that I am definitely not a normal dog. And as for Jack Jack, I bet ya ten bacon doggy treats, that he's going to start showing signs of having powers very soon-

Merkle hears a car door open, and quickly starts barking happily and scratches at Violet's door.

Merkle: ( in dog: ) Dad's home! Dad's home!

Violet: ( chuckles ) Okay, hold your horses, Merkle.

Merkle: ( in dog: ) My horses left my stables years ago, girl! Dad's home!!

As soon as Violet opened the door, Merkle ran downstairs, and she quickly jumped on Bob with her tail wagging like crazy.

Bob: ( laughs and pets Merkle's head ) Hey, Merkle. I missed you too, girl. Easy, girl.

Merkle then whined when Bob went into his office.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

That's it for this chapter, I hope you like it

Till next time my agents of mischief 😜