Chapter 3

The next day was basically the same for Merkle, she stayed with Helen and Jack-Jack throughout the day, she went with them to pick Violet and Dash up, and now she was laying beside the dinner table, chewing on her squirrel squeaky toy. Then suddenly, the fire alarm and sprinkler system turned on, making Merkle jump up and start barking as Violet shouts while Dash expresses joy.

Merkle: ( in dog: ) IT'S NOT BATH DAY! BATH DAY IS TOMORROW! DAD!!!!!!!!

Helen: BOB!!!!!!!!

( A few minutes later )

Violet and Dash were drying off Merkle with a towel in the bathroom.

Dash: Well, at least we don't have to give her a bath tomorrow.

Merkle smiled happily, while trying to resist the urge to shake the water off.

Violet: Mom is probably still going to give Merkle a bath tomorrow.

Merkle whined in response.

As days past, Merkle noticed a sudden change in Bob's behavior. Bob started to spend more time with Helen and the kids, and started spend time with her as well, he got two new cars, and he got back in shape. Merkle also noticed that there was a slight change in his scent.

Merkle: ( Thoughts: ) What the bark is going on with Dad. . . ( Her eyes widened ) Oh bark! He's doing some payed hero work! Mom is going to kill him once she finds out, and the kids might get caught in the crossfire- No. It's my job as their dog to protect them. I am going to have to knock some sense into Dad's head.

Merkle waited then Bob started leaving for another " conference ", before she secretly teleports into the back of the car as Bob was driving. She then teleported into the jet as soon as Bob went inside with a new supersuit on. She continued to secretly follow Bob.

( Meanwhile At The Parr Family House )

Helen vacuums the hallway next to Bob's study. She vacuums the carpet near the door, hears the vacuum pick up filth and groans before entering the room. She begins to vacuum the study and notices the door displaying Bob's old super suit is open. She observes the suit and noticed a fixed tear in the right arm of the suit.

Helen: Edna. ( Her eyes widened ) Wait, where's Merkle?

Helen looked around the house for Merkle, and saw that Merkle wasn't in the house.

( Back to Merkle )

Merkle was secretly following Bob into a meeting room. Then suddenly a massive robot attacks Bob out of nowhere, and it throws him.

Merkle: ( shouts, in dog: ) DAD!!!

She ran outside and sees a man in a black and white suit with a cape and rocket boots. She glared at the man as he was in front of Bob and shut down the robot's blades.

Mystery Man: ( to Bob: ) You know, I went through quite a few Supers to get it worthy to fight you, but man, it wasn't good enough!! After you trashed the last one, I had to make some major modifications. Sure it was difficult, but you are worth it. I mean, after all...... I am your biggest fan.

Bob: Buddy?

Mystery Man: ( yells, angrily: ) My name is not...BUDDY!!!!!

The robot throws Bob on the ground, the mystery Man lands. Merkle hid in a nearby brush, as she was waiting for the right moment to strike.

Syndrome: And it's not IncrediBoy either! That ship has sailed. All I wanted was to help you. I only wanted to help! And WHAT did you say to me?!?!? " Fly home, Buddy. I work alone. " It tore me apart, but I learned an important lesson: You can't count on anyone, especially your heroes.

Bob: I was wrong to treat you that way. I'm sorry.

Merkle then tuned everything out, as her protective instincts were slowly growing stronger and stronger. Bob throws a log at Syndrome, but he dodges it hastily.  He gets back up and freezes Mr. Incredible with something, Merkle didn't care and she began getting ready to pounce at Syndrome as he started throwing Bob around while talking, Syndrome then accidentally flung Bob into the jungle, which caused Merkle to snap.

Syndrome: Oh, brilliant-

Merkle used her super speed to charge at Syndrome as she was planning on biting him for attacking her owner, but he freezes her in the air.

Syndrome: A super dog? Uh, must be the one that escaped, well, doesn't matter, can't have you ruining everything.

Merkle's eyes then widened as she recognized Syndrome as the man that had her experimented on. Syndrome then flung her into the jungle in the opposite direction of Bob. Merkle landed on a boulder near the beach on her left side and her left paw raised, she whined in pain. She whined as she slowly got up, fighting through the pain, and found a cave to take cover in. She then weakly laid on her right side and looked at the ocean.

Merkle: ( sadly, in dog: ) I'm sorry... I... Please forgive me... I shouldn't have left...I am supposed to save you...

Merkle then slowly closed her eyes as she was feeling weak from the pain. She then slowly went into a dream of an old memory from her past...

( In the dream )

[ Warning: There will be stuff that some people aren't able to handle. )

Merkle was a puppy and she looked at the kennel across from her, two other pups that looked almost exactly like her and looked to be the same age as her, the boy pup was missing a leg.

Puppy Merkle: ( to the two pups: ) Okay, ready?

The girl pup: Quickly, big sis. Save us. Before the bad men come back.

Merkle used her super strength to make an opening in her kennel door.

The dream frizzes and once it was back to normal, Merkle was outside of the laboratory, whining and looked at the two motionless bodies of her siblings with multiple holes in their bodies, and began to cry.

Puppy Merkle: I'm sorry... I... I was supposed to protect you... Please forgive me... I shouldn't have left the kennel... This is all my fault. I am supposed to save you...

( In the real world )

Tears fell down Merkle's face as she laid there on her side and rest...

______________________________________________________________________________________________

That's it for this chapter, I hope you like it

Till next time my agents of mischief 😜