Episode 17: FOM (Fear of Midterms)

"Ugh I hate midterms!" Kitty groaned as she threw her head down on the table. She was in the library with Minho, Yuri, Juliana, and Q. 

"You shouldn't be stressed out considering you have good grades so far." Yuri said as she was highlighting something in her notes.

"Easy for you to say. I've been traumatized after last semester." 

"Hey you got this. You passed finals last year remember? You'll be able to do the same for your midterms." Minho softly spoke to her while rubbing her back.

She turned her head to face him and gave a small smile, "Thank you Minho," she sat up and slapped her cheeks, "I can do this! I just need to remember is all. I've been doing good on tests so I can look over those as well."

"That's the spirit!" Q said as he raised his fist and mouthed 'Fighting!'. 

Midterms are next week and it's Wednesday. I got 5 days to study. I can do this.

Kitty took out her ponytail to fix it and nodded, giving herself some motivation and began to study again.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

"Kitty wake up, it's Monday."

Madison shook her roommate's arm and as soon the word 'Monday' hit Kitty's ear she shot up like a rocket.

"Are you kidding me? It's Monday already!" She tossed her blanket over tossing as well all the textbooks that were surrounding her and then stepped on the ones on the floor. Madison watched her run around looking for things then stuffing them into her bag.

She ran to the bathroom next to quickly freshen, not even take a shower. Washing her face and brushing her teeth, she quickly changed to her uniform and saw Madison patiently waiting for her at the door.

"Why didn't you wake me up earlier?"

"Well you were sleeping so soundly. I couldn't bare to wake you up after only getting like two hours of sleep."

"I had more than...two....hours." Kitty took a moment and looked back to last night, she remembered after eating she started to study and study some more. From her desk to her bed. She didn't even know she fell asleep.

Oh god...please let me do good on the midterms. 

Kitty looked at her phone and saw she still had time before the exam started. So the two went to the cafeteria and saw her other friends eating their breakfast. She waved to them and the two first got in the line to get their food.

"Hey Kitty, are you ready?" Minho asked as she examined her face, which looked like she didn't get much sleep.

"Are you kidding me? That girl got like 2 hours of sleep. She was busy studying her butt off." Madison said as she sat down next to Q.

Everyone looked at Kitty who sheepishly smiled and took a tiny bite of her food.

"Kitty I really hope you'll be okay. Here, take this energy drink. You might need it." Yuri handed her an extra one from her bag. 

"Thanks Yuri." 

The bell rang at that moment signaling it was time to move to classes.

Kitty grudgingly stood up along with the others and made their way. Minho and Kitty walked together since their first exam was together. He kept soothing her with words in her ear as he had an arm wrapped around her. She appreciated it a lot as she felt less nervous and calm.

They sat at their desk which was organized by last names. She looked back at him and he gave her two thumbs up.

"Do not turn the paper over until I tell you to do so." Kitty looked around at the other students, some looked as nervous as her, if not even more. Then there are those who don't care or are calm about it.

Alright Kitty, you've been studying nonstop for this. You got this! Your friends helped you through all this. I can do this. Just think of it like any other test and do your best.

"You may turn it over now."

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

"Finally!! We're done."

"With just the first day." Q had to add in making Kitty glare at him. Minho smacked his arm, "Hey I'm just saying."

The friends were walking back to the direction of the dorms when Minho and Kitty saw Dae, who was looking at them. He also finished his midterm and then approached the group.

"I'm going to go. I think this is a you three problem." Yuri said as she pulled on Juliana. Q awkwardly stood there, he felt he should be there as the mediator.

"Hey guys."

"Hey."

"Hey..."

"What's up Dae? How were your midterms?" Q started off normally, which Kitty mentally thanked him.

"They were alright. A little tough but manageable. Makes me worried how tomorrow will be."

"Don't even remind me." Kitty groaned for the nth time. The friends looked at each other and smiled, then laughed.

"Want to grab some dinner at the cafeteria?"

"I think I should study -"

"No! Kitty you have exhausted yourself. I'm glad you were able to get your midterms done today but I'm worried about tomorrow. You are eating dinner with us and getting a good night's rest. No more studying!" Q declared as he pushed Kitty to the direction of wherever. Minho and Dae looked at each other then shrugged.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

"Alright, thank you Q for pushing me not to study. This food is so good!"

"I think it's more tasty because you've been stressed about the midterms. Tomorrow we have our last few so you should take it easy." Minho said as he picked up a piece of pork and placed it on her spoon of rice.

"Yeah you're probably right." The dinner was quiet for the most part with small talk. Dae wanted to ask the big question but he couldn't bring himself to do it. Then he took a shot of soju.

"I want to ask you guys something. Please don't take this the wrong way or anything."

The other three stopped eating and looked to each other, unsure of where Dae was going with this.

"Can we be friends again? Like how it used to be?"

Tension broke and the air felt lighter, for everyone. Mainly for the three boys who share a dorm. Q was the first to stand up and pull Dae in for a hug. Dae felt relieved and patted his back.

"It's good to have you back man."

"Thanks Q." Dae looked to Minho who was looking at the two, Q tilted his head and nodded for him to come.

Minho broke out into a smile and hugged them, "Of course man. We'll always be friends."

Kitty looked at them and felt happy. She thought they weren't going to be friends again and wasn't sure how to bring it up with Minho or Q. But she felt proud of Dae to be the first one.

"Aw you guys are so sweet." Minho and Dae broke away and cleared their throat while Q rolled his eyes. 

Dae sat in his seat and looked at Kitty, "What about us Kitty? Can we be friends too?"

"Of course Dae." They shook hands and smiled.

Things are right again in the world.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Ep 17 done~~~ what did we think??? The friend group is back again!!! 🥳 I'm sure you guys weren't expecting that to say the least (or this chp in general) hehe but I hope you liked it!! 

I cannot believe we are at 8.9k!!!! About to hit 9k!!!!🥳🥹❤️ I will not be here without any of you so thank you guys so much!!!! Please continue to love and support by voting, commenting, and sharing❤️❤️❤️