[ 003 ] true life tales of spiderman

TROUBLE !
iii. true life tales of spiderman

SOMETHING HAD SHIFTED IN THE ATMOSPHERE

SOMETHING HAD SHIFTED IN THE ATMOSPHERE. Felicity could feel it, as could Gwen. Something unexplainable that had shifted the world on it's axis in an enigmatic motion. The world which had once been at a suspenseful stillness now harboured something strange, something that was much bigger than itself.

An uncertain essence lingered through the morning, building upon anticipation that something were to happen. It sent a daunting shiver down Felicity's spine as she strolled through the corridors of Visions academy, her search to find Gwen proving to be unsuccessful as she peered past every corner and locker in sight.

The previous day had been tiring paired their lack of sleep the prior night, leading both girls to fall asleep only seconds after collapsing onto their beds. However, when Felicity had awoken, the room had been barren of the blonde-haired spider-woman. Curious of the fifteen-year-old's whereabouts, Felicity had quickly changed swiftly into the uniform before searching high and low for any sign of Gwen.

The heels of her shoes clicked lightly against the modern flooring of the school, her footsteps quick as she searched with an uncertain inkling bubbling through her thoughts. Increasing her pensive sense, was the sea of hushed chatter that met her ears in a disturbingly quiet rumble. Attempting to listen the best she could, Felicity's steps slowed subtly allowing her to listen more carefully as to the words of passers-by.

Gwanda. Fight. Hair. Morales. Nurse's office.

With a destination in mind and an intensified eagerness, Felicity found herself pushing open the door to the nearby Nurse's office on the lobby floor. Like she'd expected, Gwen stood with a less than amused look on her fair face as she stared ahead into the mirror before her, glancing at the new arrival in the office with a look that proved she was going to snap at them to leave. Her jaw was tightly locked as her eyes glazed with a look no further from infuriation, a look that Gwen didn't often harbour.

"There you are, Gwenny!" She smiled, "Do you know how long I've been--" her voice died on her tongue as a head peaked past the blonde, the glimmer of chocolate brown eyes staring back into her own whilst his features scrunched in embarrassment and surprise. "Oh, Morales." She greeted unsurely, glancing briefly at Gwen with a raised eyebrow, "Having a party in here or something?"

Gwen's jaw remained locked as she angled her head back to the dark-haired girl, watching her green eyes widen in shock at the scene before her. Multiple strands of Gwen's hair were grasped in an unbreakable hold by Miles' hand, though the boy wasn't actually holding onto it. If anything, her hair was lingering onto his hand at it's own will. With raised eyebrows, Felicity dared to ask, "what the hell's going on here?"