[ 008 ] heart to heart

TROUBLE !
viii. heart to heart

TO SAY FELICITY AMBER was overwhelmed would be a comedic understatement

TO SAY FELICITY AMBER was overwhelmed would be a comedic understatement. With three different voices all overlapping the prior in an attempt to tell their origin story, the new arrival of the three spider-people had left the girl in complete surprise.

"Okay, enough!" Boomed Peter B, his body shielding the three teenagers from the approaching figures of the new trio. They were no threat, that much was clear. However, the man was left in so much bewildered which led to the younger three being left in the same state of surprise as they peered past him. He stepped forward, glancing over them all whilst asking, "So how did you get here?"

"Well, it's kind of a long story." Stated Spider-Noir, pausing for a couple of seconds after his words before shrugging dismissively, "maybe not that long."

Peni nodded, "and now we're just trying to find a way home." She noted, as the robot behind her's screen beeped before displaying a sad little face.

"The only way home is back through that collider gizmo." Spider-Noir explained, "The only trouble is--" his voice faded along with the thick drawl of his deep accent.

From behind the man, Peter porker finished his words after performing a sequence of comical stances. "One of us has to stay behind and destroy it." He stated, slamming his fist into the harsh ground below.

All at once a chorus of, "I'll do it!" Pierced the air, some more happier than others though all intwined with undying ambition. From where she stood, Felicity placed up her free hand leisurely as she noticed the others do so, the other remaining on her hip.

"No, no, no." Miles intervened, shaking his hands as he stepped closer with a look of disagreement. " You guys don't get it." He shook his head, glancing over them all with a frown.

In response, Peni crossed her arms with a sceptical expression. "Don't get what--"

Interrupting the young girl's question, the familiar sharpness of unexplainable vibrations pixilated the bodies of the newer three along with Peter B, Gwen, and Felicity. Excruciating burning that dismembered their limbs, creating a frightening sensation of their bodies breaking down and reforming all at once—so agonising that it had weakened their knees and sent them crashing to the floor in a mess of pained wails.   
Though Miles was unaffected by the situation, he winced noticeably at the sight. He'd only witnessed it happening to two out of the six, yet it appeared much more painful each time it occurred.

"None of you can stay here. If you stay here, you'll die." Stressed the brown-eyed boy, kneeling to hook a hand under Felicity's arm in a successful attempt at helping her regain her stance. It never resonated with the boy as to why she had been the first one he had chosen to help, in fact he never even gave it a second thought. He only spoke as he did so, "I'm the guy who's gonna turn it off. And I'm gonna get you all home before I do. Look, I made a promise. So I have to keep it."