[ 007 ] mayday

TROUBLE !
vii. mayday

"HE BROKE THIS?" asked Gwen, her eyes of powdery blue glancing down at the broken 'goober' that had originally been in Miles' possession

"HE BROKE THIS?" asked Gwen, her eyes of powdery blue glancing down at the broken 'goober' that had originally been in Miles' possession. The story provided had been that Peter B Had somehow managed to damage the device, though he had no recollection of doing so. She raised a speculative eyebrow at Miles, who's lap was occupied by Felicity's calves, one hand draped over them leisurely as the other tapped his thigh.

Miles nodded lightly whilst sparing a glance to the man behind him. Two seats behind the trio of teens, Peter B lay sprawled over two sets of seats, his eyes closed in relaxation and his arms crossed behind his head. Lifting his hand from the dark-haired girl's legs, Miles gestured to the man, "Yeah, he's actually really embarrassed about it," he lowered his voice as he leaned towards the two girls, "--so just keep it between us, okay?"

Felicity chuckled faintly, gesturing to Peter B whilst whispering, "he's quite strange, don't you think?" She joked, glancing briefly to miles who snickered in agreement.

"I can hear you, pipsqueak." Peter grumbled loudly, peaking an eye open for a moment before going back to his momentary peace.

Leaning up from her lay down position between miles and Gwen's seats, and to the side of the aisle she began patting the man's leg. Whilst doing so, Felicity made a hushing sound, "Shush, Shush, old man. Go back to sleep. Night-night."

"Old?" Peter shot up from his lay down position, mouth agape with offence. "Thirty-eight isn't old. It's not even middle-aged, actually. If anything, it's, like, the perfect age." He fussed, pointing a confident finger in her direction as she pushed herself from her seat and into the seat beside miles, leaning over the back of the cushioned chair to look at the man.

Miles furrowed his eyebrows, copying her action and turning to look at the man. "You're thirty-eight?" He asked, raising an eyebrow in surprise. At the younger boy's question, Peter groaned.

"Okay, whatever happened to respecting your elders? And miles, you're meant to be on my side." He whined, sparing the boy a glance of mocking betrayal that Miles returned with a light shrug and amused smile.

"Respect needs to be earned, old man." Felicity grinned, the undertone of mischief laced noticeably in her voice as she turned her back to the man, sliding down in the seat slightly. A laugh bubbled from her throat as the man let out a barely audible, "what are you, twelve?"

She lolled her head to the side, her gaze landing on her best friend as she asked, "So where are we off to now, Gwenny?"

The blonde let out a huff of entertainment, twirling the broken device in her hand and gazing at it in thought. "To make a new one of these and we won't let him break it this time." She joked, gesturing to Peter B.

Miles chuckled faintly, a slight tension built in his shoulders as he debated over his next words. His tone grew solemn, overlapping with immense sympathy that dripped from every word he spoke, "I'm sorry about your friend."